Chapter 2

I sat down quietly, staring straightly at her. I couldn’t think straight, I just fixed my eyes on her. Thinking about the unthinkable. I was brought back to life, by the person sitting next to me.

” hey dude, its your turn to introduce yourself ”
“Do I still need that?” I muttered silently.

I can see everyone looking at me, I wonder why they won’t just face the front and mind their businesses.

I stood up to say my name when David and his friend interrupted my speech.
” The Samaritan boy” they barked.

The room echoed with tremendous laughs. I felt embarrassed, cause I was more like a laughing stock.
And finally, I felt there’s no need for me to say my name.
” bamboos ” I cursed.

At the end of the lecture , I was appointed as the new course Rep, by Ayokemi. She motioned me closer,and requested my help with her books. I packed her books and I followed her behind. And once in an oscillation, my eye will met with her jingling butt. Sincerely speaking, the butt are great.

” why are you called the Samaritan boy” she asked suprisely .

” never mind the old fools, they refused to learn. ” I muttered .
She smiled as she entered her supposed office.
” Miss Ayokemi, I think you will need my help here, this place is in a huge mess ” I said while surveying my eyes around.
” I think I know the reason why you are called the Samaritan boy” she said with a smile.
” you know?” I asked curiously.
” yea… Never mind, I really appreciate it, it’s nice of you ” she said.

I fetched for a broom and a piece of rag alongside with a bowl of water , and I set to work. Her eyes were on me as I worked professionally like a drycleaner. A lot of questions were running through my mind, but I couldn’t ask. Perhaps am a little bit scared. When I first met her, she was a fish and now she’s my lecturer. She looks too young to be a lecturer, if she will be older than I, it will be with two or three years.
I broke the silence when I couldn’t hold it anymore.
” it’s seems, you are new here and also in this town” I said with a borrowed confidence. And its seems,she’s been expecting a conversation from me, but have been foolishly silent.
” yea, how do you know ” she asked with a glimpse of joy.
” we’ve met, even before you became my lecturer ” I said jokily.

” I got you surprised right? ” she said as she smiled at me.
” yea, I almost–I freaked out, I hope that won’t affect our friendship ” I quickly take my eyes away after finishing the statement. I expected an answer but non came, I guessed am pushing too hard.
” you wouldn’t mind if I show you around the town and school, perhaps we will get to know each other better ” I said, pushing more harder .
” I wouldn’t say no” she answered.

And that was the greatest reply, I certainly need from her.
” I will give you a call” I said as I exit from the office room.
” this will be great” I thought loudly.

I walked back into the lecture to pick my things, but I found my bag gone.
” are this guys playing pranks with me?” I soliloquized .

” which guys?” I heard a female voice behind me and I quickly recognized the voice.
” Agatha are you with my bag?” I asked without turning my back.

” who could have taken your bag if not me?, or what have you been up to?” I turned to see her placing my bag on her head. I laughed at her appearance, cos she look more like a petty trader .

” come, I will tell you all about it when we get home” I said as I drag her out with me.

Evening arrived sooner than I thought, after eating the delicious spaghetti Agatha prepared for me, I laid on the bed for a quick nap, but it turned out to be a long sleep, I woke up around 7pm in the evening.