Chapter 85 : Epilogue

Third person point of view

They were currently in a board meeting with another company. Elijah gave a 15 minute break before they continue. Joshua and Elijah were the only ones left in the conference room. " What do you say ? " Elijah asked turning to Joshua. Joshua shook his head. Elijah understood. " I think so too. Let's see though ". Joshua nodded. 

The past few days were kind of tough as he had a lot of work. Elijah knew it was a lot but work was still work. Even if he asked Joshua was not taking a break. Joshua rotated his neck. " Tired ? " Joshua shook his head. " It is fine. I can manage ". Elijah extended his hand for Joshua to take. Joshua took it and Elijah pulled him to sit on his lap. 

Joshua leaned on Elijah's shoulder closing his eyes. They just sat in silence until they heard a knock. Joshua and Elijah turned to look at each other. Joshua got up from Elijah's lap. " Come in ". Elijah answered and the other company's CEO's secretary came in. Joshua noticed his attire. He couldn't help but smirk. 

He turned to Elijah. " I guess I will come back in 5 minutes ". Elijah rolled his eyes and Joshua walked out. Joshua scrunched his nose when he took in the scent of that guy. He went out and around the floor to waste time. Elijah looked bored as he stared at the guy. " What do you want ? " The guy smirked. 

" You know what I want ". Elijah sighed. " You know who the one just walked out is ? " " Your secretary ". He sounded pretty confident. Elijah shook his head with a smile. He showed his hand with the ring. " My husband ". That guy was shocked. " Then why did he leave so willingly ? " Elijah smirked.

" If you really want to go home in one piece, it is better if you leave now. If you don't want to then fine. You just asked why... he will tell you then ". The secretary scoffed and left the room. He knew it didn't look like an empty threat. Elijah sat back and rubbed his temples. He waited for Joshua to come back.

When Joshua went back, he saw Elijah was alone and looked totally untouched and still in the same place he was before. Elijah pointed at Joshua. " There, there. How shameless of you to just leave your husband with someone who is ready to throw themselves on anyone ? " Joshua laughed bending over. 

" What are you talking about ? You can defend yourself pretty well alright. You are not a kid now, are you ? " Elijah rolled his eyes. Joshua chuckled. " It is because I have tooooooo much trust in my hubby ". Elijah smiled. Joshua raised an eyebrow. " But that was fast. I didn't expect you will be done that quickly ". 

Elijah glared at Joshua making him laugh again. " Sorry, sorry ". Elijah smirked and walked closer to Joshua. " If you take a leave for not being able to walk, you shouldn't blame me ". Joshua pulled Elijah by his tie. " I won't... so make it happen ". Elijah pulled Joshua closer. " You think I can't ? " 

" Who said that ? I am not able to get rest these days, so just do what you said. I will be able to take some days off. It is a win for me anyway ". " You are getting too smart with every day ". Elijah pinched Joshua's cheek with his other hand. Joshua chuckled and shrugged smugly. Elijah chuckled. 

They both sat back in their places. The meeting went almost fine but the CEO got too arrogant when they spoke about the conditions. He almost got into a fight with one of the directors. They didn't conclude anything and just left. Joshua turned to Elijah. Elijah shook his head. Joshua gave a smirk, stood up and walked out. Some of them have already left. 

Joshua went out to look for the secretary hoping he would be there and he did find him alone at that. He was about to get into the elevator. " Excuse me ". That guy turned to Joshua. " What is it ? " " I think we have to settle something ". Joshua pulled him buy his collar and dragged him to the washroom. " What do you think you are doing ? " He shrilled in fear. 

Joshua raised his fist and punched him in the gut. That guy bent forward clutching his stomach in pain. The hit was hard after all. " My hand was totally itching for it. I didn't get to do this for days now. You can go complain if you want. I don't mind it. But I think you know better. Be careful. You should be lucky I promised not to kill people, so go back home safe ". That guy groaned. 

Joshua extended his hand. " Want any help ? " He shook his head. Joshua shrugged. " Don't say I didn't offer help later. Hope you have a nice day. And I wish I never see your face again ". Joshua smiled and walked back to Elijah's cabin. He adjusted his sleeve. Elijah smiled when he saw Joshua. " I was waiting for it. So annoying ". 

Joshua said and sat on the chair. Elijah laughed lightly. " I really wanted to do it too ". " I did it for both of us ". " Looks like your bluff worked well ". Joshua gave a smug expression. " Of course it will. I am a really good actor ". Elijah narrowed his eyes. " Is it really bluff ? " " You've got to be kidding me. I cannot even kill a fly let alone a human ". Elijah chuckled. 

Nicholas was about to walk out of the elevator and bumped into a guy. The files in his hands dropped on the floor. His phone in his hand was about to fall down but Nicholas was able to hold it before it hit the floor. He helped him collect all of them and handed them to him. That guy stood up with all of them. Nicholas stood there so that the elevator wouldn't close.

That guy looked up at Nicholas and continued to stare at him. Nicholas raised an eyebrow. He saw the phone in his hand which was still unlocked. He took a photo of himself. He then typed his number and gave the phone back. " A photo lasts longer. And my number is there too. I am Nicholas ". He smiled charming the guy. 

He bent forward to meet his eye level. " You are really cute ". The cute guy adjusted his glasses looking away. " Your name ? " " Jonah ". Nicholas nodded and smiled. " Nice to meet you. Sales department ? " Jonah nodded. Nicholas knew they were going to bring in a new employee in place of Joshua. 

He understood it was him. " All the best with work ". He smiled and walked away. The other employees greeted him as he left. Jonah entered the elevator. He raised his eyes to look at Nicholas. Nicholas turned at the same time. He winked at Jonah with a smirk and turned around walking away. Jonah adjusted his glasses and the doors closed.  

THE END !

                                                 -MG

Author notice :

That was really hot of Joshua. 🤩 It is so good to see this side of him. 

Nicholas is such a charmer. 😱👀 And we are all in for it. 😌✨😍

My BR cried a little reading these because we are definitely going to miss it. 🤧

This is actually the end but there is an extra which I wrote for fun next and there is also my notice. I guess I should say notices. Please do read them. 🤗