Chapter 28 : Planning it out.

Third person point of view

The remaining weekend was spent for cleaning and washing. They finished their dinner and were walking back to the house. Elijah asked after hearing all that Joshua said to him. " So, you really want to try bringing out their secrets ? " Joshua nodded. " Yep ". " Are you sure ? " " I want to. I was actually thinking of where to begin with ". " What do you mean ? " 

" We cannot act carelessly. If they start doubting or find out, it is clear danger. So as first steps we need to know the basic level things about them. For example, their family, address or maybe places they frequent. Things like that ". " Nice plan. How are you going to find all that though ? " " I am also kind of stuck there ". " Now that you actually say this, there is someone I know who might be able to help you. I will ask him to come tomorrow after you come from the office ". 

" Really ? That's awesome. But is he another gangster ? " Elijah gave him a glare making Joshua giggle. " I can actually take you to meet a real gangster if you are so willing ". Joshua laughed. " These days you are slowly accepting you are one. That is some progress. And if I am really willing to meet one I will definitely let you know ". Elijah shook his head smiling.

" Why are you so fascinated though ? Not like it is something nice ". Elijah asked as he walked looking straight ahead with his hands in his pockets. " It need not be nice to like it. That's just being typical. Are you that nice of a guy ? " Elijah laughed. " I guess I have to agree ". " I don't think like and fascination have to be the same. At least that is for me. I would love it if you were one ".

Joshua smiled. Elijah shook his head. " I am not going back ". He turned around to walk the other way. Joshua laughed and pulled Elijah to walk in the direction of their house. " You would be a really cool one. Believe me ". Elijah nodded his head. " Sure ". Joshua chuckled and walked with a light jump in his steps. " Let's go ". He walked a step ahead. Elijah smiled and caught up with Joshua. 

The next day, Joshua said he was going to be back at the same time unless something comes up at the last minute. So before an hour for the arrival of Joshua, Elijah picked up his phone to make a call. " Hello ". " What are you doing ? " " Are you freaking kidding me ? You call me and ask that during work hours ? " " I need you to come home after Joshua comes back ". 

Nicholas was shocked at that statement. " I thought you didn't want him to know much ". " I've got work for you. So don't come in that stupid suit of yours. Dress casually. In jeans and shirt or something like that maybe ". " My suit is not stupid. Bastard. Why casual dress though ? " " Actually I don't mind even if you look like a thug. That suits you better anyway. No one can change the face ". 

" Did you call me to just throw these insults on me ? Are you that bored ? " " Just come and don't forget the things I told you ". " Alright ! Jerk. I'll hang up ". Nicholas hung up. " For the love of life. UGH !!!!! When did I change from a personal secretary to delivery boy and now god knows what he is going to make me do ". He shook his head and continued his work.

Joshua went back home at his usual time. " Hey ". He sat down on the couch. " That person I told you about, he will come today to meet you ". " Oh, great ". Joshua rolled his sleeves and took out his phone. " He can help ? " Elijah nodded. Joshua sighed putting his phone aside. " What is it ? " Elijah asked when he saw Joshua's expression." Remind me why I joined that company again ". 

" For money ". Joshua laughed. " Right ". He smiled. " Am I wrong ? " Joshua shook his head. " I like your answer. I am just a little tired ". " Want to rest for a while ? " " I am fine. Not that bad. I will just sleep well later ". Elijah nodded. They waited for a while and the door bell rang. Elijah stood up and opened the door. He saw Nicholas in a jeans and t-shirt. 

" Come in ". Nicholas walked in and sat on the chair. Elijah sat on the couch beside Joshua. " Hello. Nice to meet you ". Nicholas greeted Joshua. Joshua smiled and greeted him back. " So, your name ? " " Aaron ". " Nicholas ". Elijah and Nicholas said at the same time. Elijah was the one who said Aaron. Nicholas took a sharp breath. 

" My name is Aaron Nicholas. So people use both ". Nicholas answered in a calm tone. Joshua was confused. " Now what do I call you ? " " You can call him Nick ". Elijah answered for Nicholas and Nicholas nodded. " So, how are you guys related ? " " He is my cousin. Maternal side ". Nicholas nodded again. " Oh okay ". Joshua nodded and continued his question. " You work anywhere ? " Elijah turned to Nicholas. 

" He is jobless ". Nicholas swallowed all the curses that were trying to fly out of his mouth. He gave a look of ' are you kidding me right now ' to Elijah. Elijah was not affected in the slightest and turned to Joshua. " You can speak to him about what you want. He will help you. Right ? " Elijah turned to Nicholas. " Sure. I will as long as I can ". " Thank you so much ". 

" It is not like he has anything to do ". Elijah said nonchalantly. " But still. It doesn't mean he needs to help us ". Elijah rolled his eyes and Nicholas smiled at Joshua. " You want to have something ? " Nicholas nodded and answered. " Coffee will do ". Elijah nodded and turned to Joshua. " You ? " " Hot chocolate ". Elijah nodded and walked to the kitchen. " So, what help do you want ? " 

" I wanted to gather information about a few people and Elijah said you will be able to help ". " Ah... " Nicholas nodded. " So, are you willing to help ? " Joshua asked. " Sure I will ". " Thank you so much ". " It is fine ". He smiled at Joshua. " Nick ! " Elijah called Nicholas from the kitchen. " Yes ". Nicholas walked to the kitchen. Elijah gave him his cup of coffee. " Don't talk too much and we will deal with everything tomorrow. Got it ? " " Okay ". 

                                                   -MG

Author notice :

Hmmmm......... Joshua is braver than I thought. I like that about him. 

And I like how supportive Elijah is. 

My BR is crying over Joshua's cuteness and I told to put up with it because he has no thoughts of toning it down. 😂😂

And I actually told my BR that the chapters turned out ' too cute '. But my BR said they are not ' too cute ' but ' pretty cute '. 😂 Now even I think so too. 😂 

Also I recently got these tote bags. I'm a sucker for tote bags. 😂 I like them a lot. And I didn't think much while buying but later I realized they are perfect for Joshua and Elijah.  

One of them has ' good vibes' written on it along with some pictures and stuff; so this is for Joshua. And the other one has ' life happens, coffee helps '  with a picture of coffee cup; which is beyond perfect for Elijah. 😂😂 I absolutely love them. 😂🤩