Chapter 14 : It's work time !

Third person point of view

And like every day Joshua came back on time. He saw Elijah's expression and knew something definitely didn't go right. " I thought you were in a good mood. What happened ? " Joshua sat on the couch facing Elijah. " You said so yourself that a lot can happen even if we stay at home doing nothing ". 

Joshua rolled his eyes. " Mister, you know the way you speak sounds so complicated ? " Elijah looked at Joshua with a blank face. " How can I solve the problem without knowing what it is ? " Joshua accused. Elijah put two fingers in front of Joshua. " Choose one ". " What ? " " Choose one out of these two ". Joshua picked the index finger. " Okay ". " Huh ? For what ? " " You wanted to solve it and there you go you did it ". 

Joshua opened his mouth but couldn't say anything. He stared at Elijah with a dumb expression. " So we can really solve a problem without knowing what it is ". Joshua concluded. " Yes, you can ". Joshua hit Elijah on the head. " Ouch. What was that for ? " Elijah held his head. " You are such an idiot ". Joshua complained. Elijah could only chuckle. " What does that mean ? " Joshua snarled. " You need not know. Take this as a payback for confusing me ". Elijah rubbed his head and continued watching.

Days just go on the same way. The routine is always the same. Joshua woke up, had breakfast, went to office, came back, spent some time talking to Elijah, had dinner and slept. Elijah woke up, cooked breakfast, slept, had lunch, watched TV, spoke to Joshua, had dinner and slept again. But some things are fine without a change, so neither of them found it bad. Their coexistence was pretty harmonious. 

Joshua came back home with a few files in his hand. He put them on the table and sat on the couch. He huffed feeling tired. " What are they ? " Elijah asked curiously. " I need to analyse the sales of the latest product we launched ". " Oh ". " There are so many. I did all day and now even more ". Elijah nodded. 

Joshua walked into his room for his laptop and came back to the living room. He sat on the floor and put the laptop on the small table. He started looking through a file and simultaneously typed the details in his laptop. Elijah kept glancing at him from time to time. Joshua heard his phone ring and saw it was Olivia. He picked up. " Hello ". " Hey, where is the file that I gave you earlier ? " Joshua walked to the side. " Which file ? " 

Elijah looked at Joshua who was speaking on the phone with his back towards Elijah. So Elijah sat on the floor and picked up the file. He looked through them and typed on the laptop. When Joshua came back from his call, he saw Elijah working sincerely. He was amused to see him work so diligently. " What are you doing ? " " Helping you with work ". 

" It is fine. I will do it ". " No, it is fine. You just came back and didn't even have anything; already started working. Go; get something first ". Joshua nodded not so sure and walked to the kitchen. He took a glass and poured juice. " You want anything ? " Joshua shouted from the kitchen. " I am fine ". Elijah shouted back. Joshua walked back and sat on the couch behind Elijah. 

He sipped on his juice as he watched Elijah work. After a while, Elijah cracked his knuckles and Joshua turned to him. " You are done ? " Joshua was shocked. " How did you finish it so quickly ? " " Nothing like that. Even you would've done the same ". " I am not sure ". Joshua picked up the laptop and it was perfect. " Thank you so much ". " No mention ". 

" What do you want in return ? I will do something for you ". Elijah opened his mouth but was stopped by Joshua. " Don't ask me to cook. You don't want to die young ". Elijah laughed. " I am not sure. If I have something I want you to do for me, I will let you know ". " Sure ? " " Yes. Sure ". " But thanks once again ". Elijah nodded. 

" You are so good ". Joshua said looking through it. " Don't ask me why I don't work. Not again ". Joshua laughed. " Okay, okay. I won't. But you worked before ? " He put the laptop aside. " Why? " Elijah raised his eyebrows. " Looking at the way you work, made me feel that way ". " Do you think I should be more careful around you ? " Joshua only shrugged. " Better if you do ". Elijah chuckled. " So you had a busy day ? " 

" Ask me about it. I found out in the afternoon just before my lunch, about these. I finished most of them in the office, but there are still more left. So I couldn't help but bring it back home. There will be a meeting in the first hour, so I need to be ready for this ". " You like to be promoted ? " " Promotion ? " Elijah nodded. " Not really. It has advantages, but then I have more work too along with so many responsibilities. So I'm not sure ". 

Elijah nodded. " But, I keep getting bonuses as of now. So I am fine with it ". " Nice ". Joshua gathered the files and laptop and put them back in his room. Elijah sat back on the ouch in his usual place with Joshua beside him. " You don't want to double check ? What if there are mistakes ? " 

" It is fine. I don't think you made any mistakes and it is okay even if there are ". " So do you believe I'm not a gangster anymore ? " " What made you think that I would put that thought aside ? Is there a rule that being in mafia means you should be an illiterate, shabby and unruly ? " Elijah narrowed his eyes but Joshua continued, unfazed. " It is not wrong for a gangster to be a smart and educated one. Don't sound so stereotypical alright ? " 

Joshua smiled. Elijah shook his head. " What should I do to make you believe I'm not ? " " I don't think it is possible in this life time ". Elijah sighed like he is defeated. They spent some time just chilling and then left for dinner. " Will you work for me ? " Elijah asked as they were walking back home after dinner. " What can I do for a mafia boss ? " " Joshua~~ ". Joshua laughed. 

" Just kidding. Anyway what do you want me to do anyway ? " " I am not sure yet, but if there is a chance will you ? " " You came here to get me to work for you ? " " Stop asking and answer me ". Joshua stopped messing around and answered. " Depends. I have to look for all the conditions and work atmosphere and you know all those things and then I will think of it. I need to get paid well first ". " Okay ". Elijah nodded.

                                                                     -MG

Author notice :

No other can convince Joshua in thinking otherwise if he believes something. 😂

Let's see if Elijah can change this. 😉🤭

Elijah : I can. (explains everything to Joshua)

Author : Joshua. What does Elijah do ?

Joshua : Mafia. (innocent look)

Author : 🤷🏻‍♀️😏

Elijah : (⊙_⊙)?                                   ┻━┻︵ \( °□° )/ ︵ ┻━┻   (walks out)

Author : Come back here will ya ? (laughs)

See. It is difficult. 😂 Anyways. If you read the previous A/N you might be thinking something is wrong. I edited this on a different day and not the same night as the before chapter. Just wanted to clarify. 

Also if you guys are interested, leave comments of songs that you like. I want to change my playlist. I don't mind the language as long as I can find on any platform and listen to it. 😂 Please do leave comments~~ 

My BR is loving this mini theaters a lot. 😂