Chapter 15 : Unexpected meeting.

Third person point of view

Joshua went to work like always. He had a meeting in the morning. Their whole team sat and analysed the results of the sales and the statistics. They were all on toes working effectively. Joshua was late even for lunch. He couldn't have it on time. Even when he finally had lunch, he was in a hurry. He went back to work as soon as possible. 

Joshua checked the time and he had one and a half hour left before he can get off work. He sighed and cracked his knuckles and stretched a little in his seat. He then continued his work. He has to do a little more and he will be done. He took a deep breath as he worked. He definitely doesn't want to take it back home.

Elijah checked the time at home and got up from the couch. He already left a message to Nicholas to pick him up. He dressed in a formal shirt and a pair of jeans. He picked up a pair of sun glasses, mask and a cap. He put his phone in his pocket and checked around once before walking out of the house. 

He took the elevator to the parking lot. He knew he will have enough time if he left now. He got out of the elevator and found the car parked ready for him. He got in and put on his sunglasses. Nicholas turned to him and once Elijah buckled up, he started the car and drove out. He drove to the building he was supposed to. 

It looked like an office building. Nicholas drove into the basement. He parked the car and both of them got out of the car. Nicholas walked to a corner in the basement and there was a door. Nicholas opened and they walked in. They walked a little and to the right at the end was an elevator. They entered and Nicholas pressed the button to one of the floors. " You told him ? " Nicholas nodded. 

Once the doors opened, they walked out. Nicholas opened the door for Elijah to enter. He walked in after him and closed the door. Elijah sat on the couch and looked at the person sitting near a table. " You finally have time for me ? " Elijah didn't say anything and just shrugged. The man sitting at the table was an old man. He walked and sat on the chair beside the couch. " How are you ? " " Fine. How are you doing ? " 

" Like always ". " How are your parents ? " " They are doing fine, I guess. I haven't spoken to them for a while now ". " Okay. Where are you staying ? " " Is it important ? " " You are not willing to let me know ? " " Not like you can't find out if you want to ". The old man chuckled. " You brat ". Elijah smiled too. " Just as long as you are happy ". Elijah nodded. " Anything else ? " The old man shook his head. 

" Just be safe and eat well ". Elijah nodded. " You too. Don't over work yourself. Consider your health too ". " Fine, fine. Why are you bragging like an old man ? " The old man chuckled. Elijah was reminded of Joshua. He wondered if he really is like that. He smiled and nodded. " Looks like I am one ". " Huh ? What did you say ? " Elijah shook his head. " Nothing ". 

" I don't know if I will ever get to apologize to you. So take it when I say it. I am sorry. For everything ". Elijah gulped; feeling a lump in his throat. " I understand. You need not apologize. I know you never meant and you know very well that I wouldn't do it if I didn't want to ". The old man nodded and smiled. He patted Elijah's head. Elijah smiled. 

" Anyway put these things aside. How is it here ? Do you like it ? " " It is fine. It has been long so the timings are still a little difficult to get adjusted to ". " I understand. How are your days going ? " " They are fine. I like how it is ". They both smiled. Nicholas who was standing on the side rolled his eyes with a smile; thinking he would obviously like it. " Nice to know you are. What else ? " 

" I don't really have much going on. My life isn't that interesting ". " A youngster saying that is not a nice thing ". All of them laughed. " Well I don't mind it ". The old man shook his head with a smile. " You want to anything ? Drink or desserts ? " Elijah shook his head. They spoke for a while and Elijah decided to leave. " I fulfilled my promise and will do the other one too. Soon. Now that I am done.... I will leave now. Bye ". " Alright. Take care ". 

Nicholas walked Elijah out. " You need not drop me, I will go by myself ". " Why so ? " " Nothing. Just because. See you. Also... does anyone else know that I am here besides him ? " Nicholas shook his head. " No one knows ". Elijah gave a nod and put on his cap, mask and sunglasses. He walked out of the building and to a bus stop nearby. He sat on the bench and waited for a while. 

Joshua finished his work and walked out of his office. He went to the bus stop near his office like always. As he was waiting, he found a guy to his side; sitting on the bench covering his face with so many things. He found him oddly familiar even when he was in such a weird state. " Why are you staring at me Joshua ? " 

Joshua's eyes went wide in shock. " What are you doing here ? " Joshua walked closer and Elijah stood up. " And what is it with this weird dress up ? Are you some celebrity ? " Elijah removed his glasses and mask. " Just wanted to put them on ". " You know you look weird with them all. It actually looks suspicious and mysterious. You should learn to be low key if you actually want to hide. Even a celebrity might not do this ". Elijah only shrugged. 

" By the way, what are you doing here ? What made you finally come out of the house your majesty ? Normally you are like a consort who only stays inside all the time ". " Nothing much. I was just going around and came this way. Since I came I thought I'll wait for you, so that we can go back home together ". " Nice. But there is one thing I really want to ask you. You think I believe you ? " Elijah glanced at Joshua and turned to the front again. 

Joshua continued to look at Elijah's side profile with a smile. " No, you don't ". " And that is because ? " " The reason of me coming out ". " Smart. I cannot get the truth out of you whatsoever, so I will let it be. I am too tired to think of anything else ". " Nerd ". " Grandpa ". " Nerd ". " Grumpy. Grandpa ". Elijah couldn't say anything. He just turned and faced ahead. Joshua smiled wider, happy that he won. 

Elijah took Joshua's bag from him. " What is it ? " Joshua was bewildered. " Let me carry it ". " Now this is just more suspicious. You did something wrong ? I don't think there is anything like that ". Joshua rubbed his chin. " You took some wrong medicine ? " Elijah shook his head. " For the love of life, please. You are acting weird~ " Joshua chuckled and continued to ramble.

" Or did you hit your head somewhere ? " Elijah let out a light laugh. " Did you try some new dish ? I told you not to cook any crazy dishes~~ "  Elijah only smiled and didn't say anything . He moved closer to Joshua standing beside him. " There is no reason. Nothing happened. So stop worrying. Am I that much of a bad guy ? " Joshua scratched his head.

" I wouldn't say that....... but did something happen ? " Elijah could say that there were million weird scenarios dancing around in Joshua's head at that moment. He removed his glasses hanging it to his shirt. He turned to Joshua with a smile. " There really is nothing ". Joshua stared at Elijah's eyes not knowing what to say. The sparkle when he smiled and the eye smile took him by shock. He nodded and smiled. They found a taxi and headed back home. 

                                                                  -MG

Author notice :

Did Elijah just charm Joshua ? He is almost a con-artist now. 😂

BR : There's suspense , there's some secrets, there's nice convos, delightful surprises and then there's Elijah and Joshua bickering.. what more can I ask for??? 🤩

Author : Can't agree any less. 😌

This is an actual conversation that happened between us. 😂  

And this turned out little longer. I know. I didn't notice when I was editing. I did after I was done. But I don't think it is an issue and I wanted this to be over here without dragging it to the next chapter. It is a clean end anyway. I didn't want to push it for the next one for a few words.

I already know this but I found out again that Elijah can be a real bother even without actually existing. 🤣😂 And my BR knows why. 😏😂

It is so difficult to study so much. 🥺🤧😭 But it is almost life changing important to me, so I have to put up with it. 🙂✌🏻