Chapter 58 : Party time.

Third person point of view

The both of them finished and then went back home. After his daily routine of taking shower, eating the breakfast cooked by Elijah and leaving after giving Elijah a kiss, Joshua finally reached his office. He greeted his colleagues like usual. He sat down in his seat and got to work without much waste of time. 

He checked the time and it was lunch time. He looked around to see if he could go get lunch with someone but all his teammates had their heads buried in the computers. He decided not to disturb them. He walked into the cafeteria alone for lunch. He got his food and was looking for a table but instead found Noah sitting alone. 

" Joshua. Come here. Sit with me ". Noah also noticed Joshua and called for him. Joshua walked to him and sat down beside Noah. " Hey. How are you doing ? " Joshua smiled. " I am good. How about you ? " " I am also doing fine ". " I thought I would be all lonely having lunch by myself. But luckily you came in ". 

Joshua laughed. " Same actually. All my teammates were busy so I came here alone ". Noah laughed too. " Really ? " Joshua nodded. " Well that's nice. We indeed did not meet or chat recently ". Joshua nodded. It was rare for them to cross paths, so they did not meet much for a few days. They continued to chat as they had lunch. 

" By the way, this Friday evening there is a party. Will you come ? " Noah asked his eyes showing how excited he is for the party. " Party ? " Joshua asked a little unsure. " Don't worry. It is not outsiders. It is the people from our company. It will be the assistants mostly and a few other employees who are their friends. You should come too ". Noah assured him.

Joshua nodded. " Sure. I will come ". " Yay ! I will send you the details later ". Joshua nodded. He knew he can use this opportunity to get to know more people. Who knows if he might actually find someone who can help him or give him information. They both finished lunch and left on their own ways. Joshua got back to work again.

At the end of the day, he went back home to see Elijah eating cake while watching television. He sat down on the couch. " Want some ? " Joshua shook his head. " Any other things ? " " I am fine. I don't want for now. I will have in a while maybe ". " Okay. Just have this one bite ". Elijah picked up a spoonful. Joshua shook his head. " I am fine ". " Just this one ".

Joshua sighed and looked at Elijah. He finally ate it. Elijah went back to watching the show. " What is that ? " Joshua saw someone making some dish. " It is some Japanese dish ". Joshua nodded. " By the way, I met Noah today. He told me about some party that is going to be there on Friday ". 

Elijah's eyes turned cold at the word party. Joshua was yet to notice it and continued speaking. " I think it will be a nice opportunity to find something maybe ". " Party ? " Elijah asked and Joshua nodded. " I am going to accept the invite ". Elijah nodded. " Can I come with you then ? " Joshua frowned at the question. " Why ? " 

" Why not ? " Joshua rolled his eyes. " You are not playing that with me. Tell me the real reason ". Elijah looked innocent. " I just want to accompany you ". Joshua scoffed. " Do you yourself even find that believable ? " Elijah pursed his lips. Joshua understood what Elijah was thinking but this time there really was no harm though.

" I will be fine and I have nothing to steal or nothing like last time. It will only be chatting and I need to just speak with them. So don't worry. I will be totally fine ". Elijah wanted to speak more. He turned to look at Joshua. Joshua was looking at Elijah hopefully. He didn't want to argue with Joshua and decided he should believe Joshua. " Fine ". Joshua smiled. 

Elijah stood at the door as he watched Joshua put some perfume on his wrist and then rub it on his neck. Joshua was almost done with everything. " Will you continue to give me that look till I leave ? Even after you actually agreed to it ? " He put his things away speaking to Elijah. " I agreed doesn't mean I like it ". 

Joshua didn't have anything to say for it. He picked up his watch and put it on his wrist too. " Sit at least. How long will you stand there like that looking at me ? " Joshua checked himself once again and turned to Elijah who looked like a father who is worried about his daughter going to a pub for the first time. 

Joshua didn't say that out loud even if he wanted to. He went and stood in front of him. He took Elijah's hands in his. " I am definitely going to be fine. Don't worry ". Elijah nodded. " Be careful. If anything goes wrong in the slightest give me a call immediately. I will be waiting for you ". Joshua opened his mouth to protest but Elijah kissed him. 

" I will wait ". Elijah said again. Joshua smiled and nodded. He gave Elijah a hug. Elijah held him without letting him go. Joshua chuckled. He pulled away and kissed Elijah's cheek. " I will get going. Bye ". " Bye ". Joshua smiled and walked out after putting his shoes on. Elijah took out his phone. " Is everything arranged ? " 

Nicholas spoke on the other side. " Yes. I did everything like you said ". " Tell them to not care about anything nor to hold back. I will take care of the consequences no matter what it is ". " Okay ". " Even if they find anyone suspicious in the slightest ask them to take action ". " I will ". " Good ". Elijah hung up and sat down watching the television. 

His cold eyes cannot go unnoticed. Joshua took a taxi and reached the place. He walked in and found Noah and a few more were already there. " Hey. Nice to see you've made it ". " Of course I would come ". Joshua said smiling. Noah introduced him to all of them who were present. They started drinking and enjoying their time. 

                                                                         -MG

Author notice :

My BR was saying that Noah is kind of cute . 😂

It is going a little too smoothly right ? 😂 *clears throat* 😂

I feel fucking old. 😂 I guess it is the affect of graduating. But still, I seriously feel that way. 😂 

And FYI, I am not going to be at my home the next week from Wednesday. After I go to the other place, there are high chances I will not be able to upload and apparently my mom warned me to not get my laptop. 😂 

So I am going to finish editing the chapters for the next week before I leave and send them to my BR and my BR will be the one updating them. I might or might not add an A/N and just let my BR do it. Looks like a nice idea. 😂👀 Going to make my BR use all the brain cells. My BR has some really good ideas sometimes. Very creative actually. 😂 

Let's see though. My BR will definitely add a note but me doing it or not is yet to be confirmed. It will depend on my mood while editing. 😂  

My BR agreed to adding notes. So look forward to it. 🤩