Chapter 22 : The aftermath.

Third person point of view

The next morning when Joshua walked towards the kitchen, he was hoping he wouldn't see Elijah, but his other half was still willing to see him. Maybe he could clear it up with him. As he took a step into the kitchen, he saw Elijah sitting on the chair drinking coffee. He held his breath and sat on the chair. 

" Morning ". He tried sounding nonchalant, but the slight hesitance was still there. " Morning ". Elijah greeted and continued drinking his coffee. Joshua ate his breakfast and none of them spoke. They didn't really dare meet each other's eyes. Once Joshua was done, he put the plate in the wash basin and walked out of the kitchen. 

He walked to the door and looked back to the kitchen. " I will be leaving. Bye ". He shouted and decided to rush out of the house. When he was about to open the door, he heard Elijah call him. " Joshua ". Joshua stopped but didn't turn around. " I want to speak to you ". Joshua slowly turned around but didn't look at Elijah. 

" I am sorry about yesterday. I didn't really mean to do that. It just......." He gave a pause. " Anyways I am sorry for that. I hope it doesn't ruin what we have ". Joshua took a deep breath. It felt better if we say it and when the burden is gone from the heart; it felt light. But did he want apology was the question he was ignoring since the moment he woke up. 

He didn't think much and disregarded the question. He didn't really understand how he felt and decided to not mull over it. Putting these aside was for the best was all he came up with. He looked up at Elijah who was looking at him. " It is fine ". Joshua smiled and it was genuine. Elijah nodded and smiled too. " I should leave now. See you ". He gave a grin and left the house. 

Elijah ran a hand through his hair and sighed. He sounded pretty confident with that apology of his and like it was sincere. But he himself couldn't convince himself about anything either regarding it. Right or wrong ? He was stuck on the string; hanging without cutting it to fall down or pulling it and moving up. He pushed the thoughts aside and went to sleep. Looked like coffee wasn't working on him anymore. 

Joshua walked out with a smile. He got rid of the awkwardness between them, so it was all good now. He greeted his team as he sat in his seat. He got a message from Brian asking him to come to his cabin. Joshua knocked on the door and entered. " Hey, come in ". Brian greeted Joshua with a smile. " You wanted something sir ? " " There is a meeting in about 15 minutes in the main conference room. I guess we need to be there 5 minutes early ". 

" Okay sir. I will get my notes and laptop and be back ". " Are the files all submitted ? " " Yes sir. We finished it yesterday itself ". " Good ". " I will be back in a few minutes sir ". " Sure ". Joshua walked out of the room and went to his desk. He picked up his laptop, a small notebook and a pencil and walked towards Brian's cabin. When he knocked again, Brian walked out of the room. 

" Let's go ". Joshua nodded and they walked to the elevator. They reached the floor of the conference room. The room was enormous. It had a big U table and to the sides were small tables. The directors, managers and team leaders sat at the big table, while the other employees such as the assistants and other sat on the tables to the side. 

Joshua sat behind Brian at one of the small tables. He kept everything ready for the meeting and people were filling in slowly. They were chatting while waiting for the chairman to arrive. Joshua wasn't particularly Brian's assistant, but he was good at taking notes when it came to meetings and his minutes were really good. 

So when Brian noticed that, he always took Joshua when he has to attend a meeting. The chairman, Anthony, arrived and everyone stood up to greet him. He sat at the head of the table and glanced at everyone. He was a really nice person and treated every single employee with respect. He smiled at every single person in the room as a greeting. When his eyes landed on Joshua, he gave a small nod to which Joshua responded with a smile and nod.

The meeting started and Joshua concentrated on his work. Once it was done, the directors were speaking with the chairman. Joshua was done with the work. Unless they were anymore presentations, he was free otherwise. He listened to the words of the people introducing or suggesting things. And then one of the directors started speaking. He was a relative to the chairman. 

There were a total of three directors who were relatives to the chairman. They were Alex, William and James; who were also brothers. The one speaking was Alex. The chairman listened to everything. His expression never changed. Joshua who was listening found something odd. The prices and profits seemed odd. 

But he was not in a position to question anything. So he just stopped paying attention. It felt like he was finding more and more loopholes, so better not pay attention. Once they were done with the meeting, he told Brian he will send the fair copy of the minutes to his mail. They parted ways once they reached their floor. Joshua finished his work and went back home.

When he opened the door, he found Elijah sitting on the couch. He was wearing a hoodie which looked large on him. He had the hood over his head and the sleeves were hanging off his hands. When Elijah raised his hand to wave at Joshua the sleeve was moving, he couldn't even see his fingers. Joshua laughed and sat on the couch beside Elijah. 

Elijah was observing Joshua from the moment he entered the house. His eyes traveled along with Joshua. " What is this ? " Joshua was still stifling his laughter. Elijah removed the hood revealing his face and pulled up the sleeves up to his elbows. " Nothing ". Joshua grinned and shook his head. 

" You look like a teenage girl who is trying to get over a break up or on her periods ". Joshua laughed but Elijah didn't say anything. " Did you sleep in the afternoon again ? Or had a breakdown again ? " Joshua asked smiling. " None ". " Liar ". Joshua said teasingly with narrowed eyes. Elijah rolled his eyes. 

                                                           -MG

Author notice :

Ugh. Feelings. So tough to deal with. 😂 

My BR said " Ooooooohh did he want that apology ?  👀 Hell no if you ask me 😂 " and I agree with it. 😂

Not for me who is single af alright. I am wonderfully happy with this life right now. I don't even time for myself let alone a lover. 😂 Jokes on me to even think about that. 😂😂 

My BR is absolutely happy to join the club. 😂 We are so aware of how it is definitely NOT a thing for us. 😂 We just.. value our lives. 😂

Looks like young master turned into young miss. 😂 

Author : What do you think mister ?

Elijah : I don't think you would happy to see the young miss in me. So you better be careful. (smirks)

Author : Is that so ? (raised eyebrows)

Elijah : Try me. (evil smile)

Author : Oooooooooohhh~~ We will definitely talk later. (laughs)

That was fun. 😂😂 I love Elijah being whichever. Miss or master doesn't matter. Elijah is Elijah. 😂 

Well I don't really remember a lot of things. A little more of young miss is going to be there in the next chapter. But later on................. I really can't remember. 😂 Pardon my poor memory. 😂