Chapter Twenty Three

Nikki's POV

"What the fuck Jenna?" I practically yelled as I looked at my little sister.

"What? You need to get up." She feigned innocence.

"And jumping on me is the way to wake me up?"

"Well duh. Otherwise it's not fun." She stated matter a factly.

I rolled my eyes before shoving her heavy body off of me. She landed on the floor and started to rub her butt.

"Okay ouch." She said as I got off of my bed.

"That's what you get. Now why do I have to get up?" I asked her as I went to my connected bathroom.

Naturally she followed me. "Cause Anne and Jen are going to be here soon. Y'all have that coffee date or whatever."

I gave a quick nod as I began to brush my teeth. "And I'm coming with y'all." She stated.

I rolled my eyes and spat out the spit and toothpaste mixture before speaking. "Why is that? Who invited you?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I invited myself. I don't get to spend as much time with you anymore. Might as well make the most of it while you're here."

I thought about it for a second. "Okay yeah, you're right. Let me just get dressed real quick. I'll meet you downstairs."

"Okay. Just hurry up, they're going to be here in 15 minutes."

Of course they are. "Okay I will."

As Jenna left I began to get myself ready. I couldn't help but think back to last night. The one thing I didn't want to happen, happened. I honestly didn't know what I was going to do now. Part of me wanted to see her again. Another part of me wanted to run back home and try to forget about everything that's happened.

I debated last night if I should fly back early. I know that's not the way to solve anything. It's what she did years ago, yet I can't shake the petty feeling of wanting to do the same thing she did to me, to her.

I shook myself out of my thoughts before heading downstairs. When I got down there Jenna, Anne, and Jen were all on the couch talking to each other. Anne was the first to look up at me.

"Looking good babe. You ready?"

I looked down at my outfit. I was wearing a black button down with white stripes, tucked in slightly to my black skinny jeans with holes at the knees, and my white Nike's. I looked back at her and gave her a small nod and a little thanks.

The four of us hopped in the car and went to the new Café that everyone seems to be talking about. Lynn and Alex are going to meet us there a little later. We pulled up to a two story building. It was fairly new looking. You could tell the building itself was older, but had some modifications to fit with a more modern style.

We walked in as a group and sat down at one of the tables. The inside was like the outside. The structure itself was older, but the decorations and the touches to the buildings made it seem up to date. It had plants thrown around the place, a little corner for reading, booths along the walls, tables amongst the café, and to the side it looked like there was another room that held some other things. I made a mental note to go check it out before we left.

There were some menus already placed on the table so all of us took it and started to look over them. With my head still down I heard a familiar voice. "What can I get you ladies started with?"

"Oh my god. Damien is that you?" I heard Anne ask.

I looked up and it was indeed Damien. I saw him a little last night but he was further away. He had bulked up a little, his clean face from high school now held a neatly kept beard, he had grown his hair out to where it was placed in a man bun, and he looked a little tanner.