Chapter Nine

Nikki's POV

I was woken up to the sun shining a bit too bright for my liking through my window. I sat up and felt my head pound. That's it, I'm done drinking for a while. I try to get up before I felt a tug on the covers. I look over to see Mia and Anne laying with me in my bed.

Both questioned me quite a bit. I don't know why Anne had to come over here since the party was at her house and it was literally two houses down. I try to remember how we got here but it came up as a blank.

Then I remembered the kiss between Mia and I. I felt my cheeks flush. I still couldn't belive that happened. The girl I had started to like, the girl that had now avoided me twice for different reasons, and the one everyone called straight girl kissed me. She kissed me. Not me going in and initiating it. No, she kissed me and said she liked me.

I really wish I could remember what happened that led us here. It's a weird site to see. Your bestfriend and the girl that was just avoiding you for a week, laying in your bed.

I heard a slight groan and felt some shuffling, I looked to see Mia slowly waking up. "Good morning sleeping beauty." I said with a smile. She rubbed her eyes slightly and looked at me with a tired expression. God she was so cute. "Oh hey Nikki, morning."

Anne started to wake up a little after, pulling me back down into her. "Hey watch it!" I half yelled. "Shhhh. Nikki it is far too early to be raising your voice. I just wanted to cuddle." Anne pouted while spooning me. "Care to explain how we all got here?" I asked her as I made myself more comfortable. "Well you got a little hammered, Mia and I had to take care of you for the rest of the night, and we both ended up crashing here cause why not."

I looked at Mia to see if she had anything to say. "You kept telling us you didn't want to be alone. So we offered to stay with you and you passed out." I face palmed myself and groaned. "Why did y'all let me get to that point." I felt Anne slap my back lightly. "Hey don't blame us for your stupid actions." She got out of the bed and pulled me up. "Now come on. I want breakfast and you're making it."

I groaned. "Why do I have to make you breakfast, you live right down the street." She kissed my cheek before starting again. "Cause you love me, and I love your cooking." I rolled my eyes before heading downstairs with the two of them.

I decided to make Anne's favorite, blueberry pancakes with eggs and bacon. Anytime she came over when we were kids she would constantly ask my mom to make them, so I decided to learn to relieve my mom.

When we went downstairs I noticed that my dad was already gone. Jenna was staying at a friends house last night so I didn't have t worry about her. Anne and Mia made themselves comfortable in the living room while I turned on my speaker and got to work.

I was in the middle of making the pancake batter and singing along to one of my songs when I heard a familiar voice come up from behind me. "Anything I can help with?" she asked. I turned to see Mia standing against on of the counters.

She was wearing a pear of my joggers and one of my hoodies. Her blonde hair was up in a messy bun and her green eyes shone so bright I was sure I'd get lost in them.

I shook my head to try to get myself back to normal. "Yeah sure, do you mind cracking some eggs into a bowl?" She nodded and got to work.

We continued making breakfast together, having occasion small talk about random things. "So when did you learn how to cook?" She asked out of the blue. "Well growing up I was always in the kitchen with my mom. She always cooked with so much passion, it was beautiful to see. I loved helping out and pouring love into the food like she did. When she passed, I had to help out a lot more. I would cook so my dad and sister didn't have to."