Chapter Ten

We tried to find a new pack to join but just we couldn't find one, they all seem to be so well hidden. So, after years of being with Nate's pack and staying away from most of the pack meetings, we decided we would attend the one that is going tonight. We have heard that there is another pack visiting ours today to do with agreeing territory lines.

Luca and I have tried to make ourselves look as presentable as possible, as this is the first time in years we are both seeing our old 'mates' again. Brian and Nate have stayed together but have kept their promise of staying away from us.

We arrived at the pack house around just in time for the meeting at 6pm. Luca and I agreed to stay with each other throughout it, just in case anyone becomes hostile towards us, and we can make a quick escape.

I see my parents come to greet us along with Luca's parents. They have become quite close now since everything is out in the open between me and my parents. They felt so guilty for everything, and I have forgiven them. I also didn't understand the situation they were in with how Nate had become so manipulative before I decided to leave.

My parents give me a big hug and then Luca. "Hello darling, you look beautiful as always." My mom smiled at me. I had dressed in a dark blue form fitting dress with a flared hem and some block heels. "Thanks Mom" I smile back at her. Luca had come dressed in a burgundy polo shirt with black jeans and black trainers. Sometimes I think my mom wishes me and Luca had been mates so this whole situation would have been avoided. Sometimes I think we both wish that too.

"Can I have everyone's attention please" Nate's voice came booming through the house. Brian is standing next to him smiling at everyone. "I am happy to announce that the agreement has been signed between myself and Alpha Samuel. Do you want to say anything Alpha Samuel?" I feel Hope start getting excited

Hope? Whats got you all excited?

It's him!

What about him?

He's our second chance mate!

What?!

I turn to see a man around 5'10 with dark brown hair and a broad back walking up to Nate. He turns and looks around the room until his eyes land on me and he smiles! "Thank you for inviting us, Alpha Nate. We look forward to working with you in the future." His voice is so calmer and deep, and he has the darkest brown eyes I have ever seen; they almost look black. I can't stop myself from staring at me. I can't believe it.

"This is my Beta, Markus. Who will be helping when I am otherwise unavailable."

"Rosa!" Luca whispers at me.

"What?" I whisper back without breaking eye contact from Alpha Samuel.

"Ridden told me I have a second chance mate with the Beta next to Alpha Samuel." I finally break eye contact and turn to the Beta. He has a soft smile on his face with the kindest green eyes staring right at Luca.

This must be a dream! Both myself and Luca have another chance of having a mate and they are both in the new pack.

Both Alpha Samuel and Beta Markus move away from Nate and Brian and start to walk towards me and Luca. Oh my GOD! Please be nice. Please be nice...

Alpha Samuel is standing right in front of me with a big smile. "Hi, I'm Samuel and you are?"

I can't stop smiling "I'm Rosa-Marie and this is Luca" I point towards Luca and see him and Markus whispering to each other. My smile gets even bigger when I see how close they are to each other.

"Well, they seem to be getting on well." I turn back to Samuel and he's still staring right at me.

"It looks like we are mates, Rosa-Marie. My wolf Scar hasn't stopped yipping away in my head about you and wanting to meet you and your wolf." Samuel continues smiling down at me.

"My wolf, Hope has been exactly the same about you." Have I finally got my fairy-tale ending? I certainly hope so.

Samuel and I stayed by each other with Luca and Markus not far behind us. Samuel went around introducing himself to everyone and introducing me as his Luna of the pack!

After that night, Samuel and Markus came back to Luca's and my house to discuss how things would change for us to join their pack. It didn't take us long for Luca and I to pack our stuff up and follow them to their pack house in the next town over.

When we arrived at their pack house, everyone was already outside to welcome us. Must be a pack link for them to know so quickly. I had a feeling life here would be wonderful.

I felt a buzz in my body and I suddenly realised I was finally going to shift again. I looked up at Samuel and he smiled and started to shift as well. His wolf Scar was a white wolf with a black scar across his eye. My wolf immediately went running up to him and snuggled up to him.

I was finally happy.