Chapter Eight

I apologise for such a long hiatus.  I am hoping to finish this story soon.  Anyway onto chapter eight.  Hope you enjoy. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is she going to wake up?"

"We are hoping she makes a full recovery, but it is uncertain whether she will be able to shift again due to the extensive injuries"

"What does that mean for her wolf?"

"We are not 100% sure until she wakes up"

--Three Months Later—

'Hope? Are you there?

'Hope?!'

'Please answer me...'

'Rosa...I feel so tired...'

'Oh, thank god, just rest Hope, I am so glad you're okay'

I try to open my eyes, and everything is so blurry...I can see a bright white light and all white walls...someone is sitting in a chair next to my bed...it is Luca.

"ROSA, YOUR AWAKE" Luca shouts.

"How long have I been asleep?"

"Just over three months, we didn't know when you would wake up..."

"We?"

"Me and your parents, they have just gone to get something to drink. Do you remember what happened?"

I was after the rogues and then I felt a sharp pain from mate bite and pain in my chest then it went dark...

"I remember everything. Oh, Luca are you okay?"

"You the one in the hospital and you're asking me if I am okay?"

"Well, it's because of Nate and Brian I am like this..."

"Ridden felt it more as I don't have a mark like you, so I was more concerned about you"

I try to sit up but all I fell is pain...

"Wait... let me help you if you want to sit up" Luca helps me move into position with pillows behind my back.

"Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital near home. You were flown back as soon as it was possible, your parents wanted you back here with them. I'm glad they did so that I could come and check on you. I was so worried when Ridden told me Hope was not responding to him. Has she spoken to you?"

"Yeah, she told me she is really tired, so I told her to rest up."

Luca's lets out a sigh. "That's a relief, we did not know if she would be there when you woke up"

"Luca, how badly am I injured?"

"The doctor's said they didn't know if you would be able to shift again. You help save a lot of people before the incident happened. Your heart stopped when they doctors were performing surgery on you. I can't believe-" Luca is interrupted by the door opening...

"Rosa?! Your awake!" My parents shout. I notice a man walk in behind them.

"Hi..."

"Oh, darling I am so happy to see you awake, we have been so worried!" My mom comes over and wraps her arms around me.

"Hi Rosa, I am Dr Willows. How are you feeling?" the man from behind my dad asks.

"I feel okay so far, just really sore when I move. What's going to happen now?"

"We will be discharging you back home as soon as you feel ready to walk about."

"What about me shifting?"

"Unfortunately, due to the injuries you had we do not think you will be able to shift for a while if at all, but this is something for us to discuss and see later. The most important thing is that you are awake. I will let you catch up with your parents." Dr Willows walks back out of the room.

I turn to look at my parents and they both have tears rolling down their face. Luca moves towards the door to leave.

"No, Luca don't leave me, please?"

Luca turns quickly in shock "Are you sure?"

I nod my head and he walks back to where he was sitting.

My mom turns to look at me. "We have everything set up in the pack house ready for you when you are discharged"

I look at my mom in shock. "I don't want to live in the pack house with Nate and Brian."

"Rosa, me and your dad moved into the pack house when you left. That's the only place for you to live?"

"Actually, she can come and live with me. I have my own place now and there's enough room for Rosa there." Luca cuts in.

"Is this what you want?" My mom asks with tears in her eyes. I nod at her. She nods back.

"Okay, sweetie. If that is what you wish, we will not stop you, just as long as we can visit you?" I just nod again.

How can do I tell my parents the real reason why I do not want to be in the pack house. I doubt they would even believe me if I tried. I am so grateful to Luca for letting me move in with him. I just hope I do not have to see Brian or Nate too much. I wish I could move pack's to be as far away from them as possible. I wonder if Hope will feel the same or whether she still believes in being with Brian and Link.