Chapter Two

"Well, I'm going to talk to the rest of the guests, I'll see you later Nate. Nice meeting you Matt." I quickly walk away from the pair towards the forest that is next to my house, I look around to make sure no one is watching and walk into the forest to the river that I go to with Nate, as soon as I get there I collapse on the ground.

Why did Brian stare at me like that? am I that ugly? come on Rosa don't let him get to you, I can't go with him anyway he's with Nate and I can't hurt Nate we have been through too much to let that happen anyway Nate will find his own mate soon. Right? I quickly snap out of my thoughts when I notice a dark tall figure hanging over me, it is Brian.

"You better not tell anyone we are mates! I'll never love you Rosa, I love Nate and he is my true mate not some pathetic weak girl like you!"

I look up at him with a blank face making sure he cannot see the hurt in my eyes "Nate has got his own mate so you will be pushed aside when he comes along!"

"Oh, has Nate not told you?"

"Told me what?"

"How interesting. You two are supposed to be joined by the hip but Nate has not even told you that his mate died, he felt it in his heart. So now I will be his second chance mate and you will not ruin it for us both!"

"Just reject me Brian and get it over with so you and Nate can live happily ever after like in the fairy tales."

"Ah but Rosa I'm not going to reject you, I'm going to make you watch us both together happy as ever, knowing you won't be able to be with your own mate will drive you mad and then you'll go away." I look up towards Brian's face and see a smirk on his fact. How cruel can someone be?

"Get out of my face Brian." I start to feel my body shaking.

"With pleasure."

My body starts to burn as the shaking gets worse. What is happening to me? oh god I am finally shifting into my wolf. This is going to be painful. My bones start to pop out of place, okay that hurt a low. Then my face starts to move into place, okay that hurts a hell of a low. Where are my parents when I need them? The pain stops, I look down to see I am stand on four paws and walk towards to river to get a good look at my wolf. My fur is all black except for white on my paws and my brown eyes have changed to a white/grey colour. I've never since someone's eyes change colour when in their wolf only when their mood changes to angry does their eyes change to a red colour. Oh, great I am going to be the freak of the pack, this day just keeps getting better and better for me...

As I step back onto my garden, I see loads of couples everywhere, and one specific one stands out the most to me and my wolf, there is Nate and Brian 'Matt' having a full-on snog right in my eyesight. I better get used to it if I want to stay friends with Nate and make sure no one gets suspicious and figures out that something is wrong. Nate deserves to have someone to love him if that is true that his mate died. I will not ruin his happiness for him.

At around 9 o'clock people start to leave and there are only my parents, the Alpha and Luna.

"Rosa? it's time for you to shift. The Alpha will help you I know it can be painful, but it won't last long."

"The thing is dad I've already shifted."

"Show us Rosa." I hear the Alpha command

As I focus on my wolf, my bones start to pop into place and then I'm standing on four legs, I look up towards everyone to see that their faces are in shock all expect the Alpha who composes himself and I shift myself back to human form.

"I'm going to go to bed, it's been a long day. Night everyone." As I walk off, I hear my dad start talking to the Alpha.

"What does her wolf mean Alpha, I've never seen another wolf like my daughter's."

"Daren do not worry, her wolf means she is a protector of love and peace, I've only seen it in the books, but this means she will be a strong fighter, who will help make our pack a lot stronger and more protected." I tune out them out after hearing this and start to think about what I was told when I was younger by my mom. She said that legends say that if a mate marks someone who is not their own mate, then their true mate ends up becoming like an empty shell waiting around for their death. Well, that's something to luck forward too...