Chapter Nine

After 3 weeks of being in hospital since I woke up, I was finally allowed home. I have heard nothing from Nate or Brian. My parents have been to visit. They come about twice a week to see how I am. Luca has been such a help; he is such a good friend to me. We have spoken about Brian and Nate, and we have both agreed that we no longer want anything to do with them. They both knew what they were doing, especially in my case with Brian, he obviously did not care about my well-being while being with Nate. Luca believes that Nate does know he is his mate and does not want him. He told me that since I left Nate has started to show his true colours with how selfish and pretentious he is just because he will be the future Alpha of our pack.

I have since spoken to Hope again and she is getting stronger each day. She also agrees that she wants nothing to do with Link or Brian, so at least we both agree on something. I am hoping that as I will be able to find myself another pack to join to get away from all of this. Luca has decided he would like to follow me if this happens, his parents are very supportive of him compared to my parents. We have been looking to see if there are any packs in our area, but it does not seem like there are any others.

"Rosa? Rosa? ROSA?" Oh my god, that's Brian's voice. What the hell is he doing here.

I walk out of the living room and into the hallway to see Brian standing there.

"What do you want Brian?" I glare at him.

"I just want to come and see how you are. I miss you." I cannot believe this idiot. Miss me?

"Miss me? You almost got me killed! Now I have a nice big scar across my chest and stomach to always remind me of what you and Nate did!" I just want him to go, how did he even get in the house?

"I'm sorry, okay? Please forgive me. I don't want Nate, it's you that I want. You're my mate Rosa." More like Nate doesn't want you anymore as he's realised your not his true mate.

"I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU BRIAN!" I scream at him. I try to control my breathing, I don't need my first shift to be out of anger, if even can shift still. "Please just leave, I want nothing to do with you. Go live your life with Nate."

"Please don't do this Rosa" Brian gets on his knees to beg me. "Please I beg you"

"I Rosa-Marie Lizzibeth Hellan reject you Brian Mathew Johnson as my true mate. Stay away from me."

Brian starts to sob, and I feel a sharp pain across my neck where the mark is. "Leave Brian" Luca, where has he been all this time.

Brian gets up and looks one last time at me "I am sorry Rosa for everything." He walks out the door.

I look at Luca and he has tears in his eyes. I quickly move and give him a hug "What's happened Luca?" I ask with my arms wrapped around him. He looks down at me and gives me a soft smile. "While he was here, I was with Nate. He tried to apologise but I rejected him as you have with Brian. It's just brought all my feelings back seeing him again, but I know I have made the right decision, the same as you."

I hug Luca even tighter. We are both finally free from them. Luca lets out a gasp and I quickly look up at him. "Your mark has gone Rosa. Completely disappeared like it was never even there." I let out a massive sigh of relief. I can finally move forward with my life. The only reminder of this will be the scar but it is also a reminder of me surviving my attack and this situation. I've proven to myself and everyone I am strong. I don't need a true mate for me to be able to live my life. "Everything is going to be okay now." I whisper to myself. Luca smiles down at me. "Of course, it is. We have each other and no one can take away our friendship." I feel Hope yipping away in my head at Ridden and I smile.