CHAPTER 19

Tala's POV

I was in the living room with a passed out teenager on my couch. The doctors have cleaned her cuts and put a cast on her left arm, she had fractured ribs too but I guess she'll be fine. I just sat on the chair tapping my leg on the ground repeatedly until I was stopped by a groan, I looked up and the girl was trying to pull her head up.

"Hey, you, get up" I said walking next to her, her eyes shot open and she pulled herself up leaning on the arm of the couch. She didn't look at me, she even seemed guilty and I know this look.

"You have something to do with Angel's kidnapping don't you" I said, she nodded her head but still didn't look my way. How can I let this shit happen again.

"What's your name?" I asked coldly, she cleared her throat and finally looked at me.

"Luci" she whispered,

"Yeah I know that part, what's your full name" she swallowed hard and looked like she was debating inside her head. She sighed and looked at me again.

"L-lucifer, Lucifer Dunkel" I stopped for a second but didn't say anything. I just stared at her so she can keep talking. She looked in her pockets probably for her phone and I gave it to her. I didn't search it but she doesn't know that.

"Just say what you got, I already know what's going on" I do not know what's going on, matter of fact I am confused but again she doesn't know that. Her eyes widened and she sat up on the couch slowly looking down at my feet.

"Mrs. Castillo, I beg for your forgiveness. You paid me to protect your daughter and I failed you, I betrayed you and accepted Dominique's offer" my hands turned into fist and I squeezed them hard so I won't hit a kid, I felt myself start to shake with anger but I didn't say anything. That fucker...

"B-but I swear I didn't hurt her, I just didn't prevent it..." She got down on her knees and was grabbing on my pants with the one hand that's not broken, her eyes were starting to water but I still didn't say or do anything.

"I- I fell in love with her, I couldn't kill her. S-" I yanked myself away from her. I grabbed her by the collar and pulled her up on her knees, her bruised face held guilt and sorrow but I didn't know what to believe.

"My daughter almost died because of you and now you're telling me that you're in love with her" She looked at me with tears coming down her face, her eyes held something that I knew way to good which made me stop and think for a second. There's one way to see if it's the truth. I put her down and walked out the room.

Luci's POV

Mrs. Castillo walked back inside the room with something in her hand. She handed it to me with a cold face, I looked at the gun but didn't say anything. Isn't she afraid I'll kill her?

"Let's see how much you love my daughter" I looked at the gun with no emotions, of course I'll do anything to save Angel. But I don't quite understand what she wants me to do with right now, she sat on her chair and just stared at me mentioning for me to continue.

I took a deep breath and with no hesitation I put the gun to my temple and closed my eyes pulling the trigger.

I opened my eyes to a smiling Mrs. Castillo, she looked proud? Happy? I don't know but I think it was the right thing to do. I grabbed the gun and opened the magazine, it was empty. So she wanted to test my loyalty, I released a shaky breath and leaned back on the couch.

**************************

Good morning everybody!! I hope you have a great day!! Please vote if you feel like it, it really helps... Thank you

-S