𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓘𝓘𝓘: 𝓑𝓪𝓫𝔂𝓼𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓼𝓾𝔂𝓾

As quick as it began, it all ended. They were safe. Home with family who couldn't help, but to worry. Some even shedding tears at their child's safe return.

All she got was yelling.

"I have never been more disappointed!" Her mother all but screeched. Her feet carrying her back and forth to the point the floor would be seen as a fire hazard. "What you did was reckless and you could have gotten hurt! Especially, when your mama and I are were suppose to leave a day early! I can no longer trust that you can have as much freedom as before!"

"Just skip to the part where you say I'm grounded." She didn't bother to look to up as she busied herself on the photos, books, and notes on her desk. An old fish tank sat beside the stack of books with a turtle inside. She maneuvered a heavy book open to face the turtle. "Tell me when to stop."

"Do you not care?" Aiya questioned, brows knitting together.

"Gives me more time to do indoor work." She flipped a page. "Even though you have absolutely no clue in what I did, which you'll likely never know, I'll accept whatever 'punishment' you give me."

Her mother huffed flopping onto her bed. Causing the lump beneath to skitter around before it found an opening at the head of the bed. Out popped a bright orange cat with a pink collar.

"Sorry Popcorn. Didn't know you were there."

The cat only rubbed itself against her arm, before jumping onto the desk waiting patiently for affection.

"If it makes it any better, I'll clean the dishes for a week." She suggested, scratching the cats chin.

"Your not suppose to be willing!" Aiya huffed.

"So, I don't wash the dishes?"

Something Aiya wasn't was a quitter. When she set her mind to something she promised to get it done. Especially when it came to proving a point against her own daughter, who was just as stubborn if not more.