𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

❀    ❀    ❀

❀    ❀    ❀

"𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙫𝙤𝙞𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧." ~ 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

I woke up to a tiny body bouncing on my feet. I didn't even have to see who it was to know my most energetic child, Kade, was interrupting my beauty rest. "Mommy! Wake up!" he squealed, "Presents!!"

Today was December 25th. Not only was it the date of a popular holiday, it was also the date of Vincent's birth. Having a birthday on a day like Christmas was a bit complicated, but thanks to all of Vincent's riches and the sincere heart he bore, he felt like he already had everything he wanted.

He had me, children, and endless money. But we were going to gift him something anyways.

I groaned and gently threw a pillow at my son's face. "Shut up," I whispered and rose up from the bed, seeing Vincent was still fast asleep beside me. He was turned on his side with his arm hooked underneath the pillow he lied on, with his other arm still wrapped around my hip.

He was up until five this morning wrapping gifts with me. I suggested that he could hire people to do it for him, but he declined. He wanted to do everything a parent would do. Putting the work in was no biggie as long as he felt like he did something right for his children.

I joined him in wrapping the gifts, and now here I was, tired and a bit grumpy. When my son started to crawl over me and bug me more, I had no choice but to get up. "Fine, hush, but do not wake your father y-"

Vincent, being the light sleeper he was, turned over on his stomach slowly and yawned into his pillow. "Don't wake who now?" he yawned. One side of his bangs was turned upwards at the ends. His hair looked so silly, I couldn't help but laugh.

His back, however, was something else. My name was still there, but so were our children's.

"Dad your hair!" Kade chuckled.

"I think it looks good," I hummed suddenly and rubbed Vincent's bare shoulders as he was laying there. He lightly moaned at the subtle massage, "Right there baby..."

Our son gagged, "You guys are crawling with cooties!"

Vincent smirked and sat up, moving his fingers towards Kade in a spider-like manner in order to creep him out, "You want some too?"

Kade screamed and climbed down the bed instantly before sprinting out of the door, slamming it shut behind him. He had fallen for Vincent's trick once again. That boy was not about that cootie life.

"Boy don't slam my doors no mo!" I shouted.

Vincent flinched and covered his ears. "Goodness. We get it momma," he teased.