ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟜𝟛

♛    ♛    ♛

♛    ♛    ♛

⚠ 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 || 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥 ⚠

━━━━━━━━━━ × ━━━━━━━━━━

"Why should I trust either of you?" I asked Aileen and Leon, only to refer to Aileen again. After everything, and she had the audacity to help me? She was no better than Jason. "Especially you," I spat.

Aileen sighed and ran a hand over her round stomach, "I'm not asking for forgiveness. I'm just asking that you live."

"Hell no," we all heard suddenly. Remeré sat up and crawled over me to pull at Aileen's hair. Aileen squealed in pain in response.

"Remmy stop! She's pregnant!" I shouted.

"So?!" Remeré spat back, "She ganged up on my best friend and expects to just walk around with a perfectly unharmed face?!"

Leon stood and pulled her off Aileen.

"Let go of me mother fucker unless you want this two-piece too!"

Leon put her down, and before Remeré could charge at Aileen who was on the ground, I stood in front of her and held my hands up. "Stop Remmy. Let us all make it out alive first before you start jacking her up."

This too was something I learned from the black snakes and my grandfather. Kill with a calm mind and do not fight with rage over-consuming the heart. All it led to was disaster.

I could only imagine if Valmore had fought Kenneth instead of allowing himself a chance to change. It'd be horrific, and Kade would probably never let Kenneth trust me again.

Remeré hissed, "Fine."

"Thank you," I sighed in relief and turned to look at Leon, "So how do we get out of here Leon?"

"It's Corbin," he corrected, sick of the name Princeton gave him. I slightly confused, but nodded anyway. "Okay...Corbin."

"Move out of the way," he said and curled his metal knuckles into a fist. Everyone quickly got into the tub and Corbin started to punch repeatedly at the wall until a big enough hole was formed for all of us to walk through.

I gulped, "H-How is that possible?"

"Long story," Aileen murmured guiltily.

Apparently she hadn't told me everything.

"Follow me," Corbin stated.

*    *    *

Ziad, Valmore, and Vincent were now in Raymond's headquarters. After seeing that every employee was unconscious in the courthouse, they thought to take a different route.