ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟛𝟙

♛    ♛    ♛

♛    ♛    ♛

Before I could pierce through the sleeping man with my blade, Vincent's voice stopped me. "Ulyssa. No."

I blinked repeatedly, and the image of my father blurred before disappearing entirely. Only Vincent remained.

He rose up, huffing softly as his adrenaline slowed. Waking up to see a knife in his face was more than alarming.

Tears started to form again in my eyes and I backed away from the bed, dropping the knife. Vincent caught it before it could hit the floor to scratch my foot. "Daiora," he called.

His small assistant robot came over to him. "Yes, mister Lorence?"

"Take this knife and go lock it in a safe, along with the others I have in this room."

"Yes, sir," the robot said immediately.

As the unique piece of machinery silently began to do its work, Vincent looked me over. "Baby, are you hurt?"

I only pursed my lips to keep from causing any loud sobs.

Vincent opened his arms, and I shook my head. "I'll hurt you. I-I need-"

"No. You stay. Right here. With me."

I shook my head again, in denial, and he got out of bed to walk towards me.

I backed into the wall immediately, "Don't touch me!"

His arms caved around me anyways. "Daddy's not afraid..." he whispered and rubbed my back as I began to sob into his shoulder. "Repeat after me..."

"Vincent, I can't."

"Repeat...I am strong."

I hiccuped, "I-I am strong."

"I am stunning."

"I am stunning..."

"More emphasis," Vincent grinned.

"No~" I whined.

"We can stay like this all day princess."

I sighed, "I am stunning!"

"Again."

"I am stunning!"

"Good girl...final line...I am safe."

I hesitated, thinking of all the danger I was truly enduring.

"I am safe."

• • •

I kept my head held down as I walked down the school halls. Noah kept his distance from me, chatting with Adalia as a distraction.

No one seemed to know he was my bodyguard. In fact, they thought he was just another employee.