ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟚𝟝

♛    ♛    ♛

♛    ♛    ♛

⚠ 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 ⚠

━━━━━━━━━━ × ━━━━━━━━━━

(3rd Person)

Ziad, throughout the whole ride, was bouncing his leg uncomfortably.

Ulyssa's mother kept rubbing his arm, trying to calm him down.

The only reason a bullet wasn't through Vincent's heart was because of her. Any sight of violence would set Oriya back to her crazier self, and Ziad couldn't risk her doing something to Ulyssa, or the baby, by simple recklessness.

Killing Vincent would also bring his stepdaughter sadness, unfortunately. There was this bond between the two already that he never understood.

It was a two-in-one failure deal, and Ziad hated that.

To him, there were layers to protection. The skin, aka Ulyssa's life, and the heart, aka Ulyssa's emotions.

Yet still...he was itching to do something.

He was going to have to revert back to some old roots, which he hoped he would never have to bring out again.

• • •

"Go on in baby, I need to have a word with Ulyssa."

Oriya gave him a quick kiss before leaving, and Ziad patted the passenger seat for Ulyssa to sit.

She hugged her big bear and crawled into the now empty seat. "Thanchu for not beating up the mayor daddy."

Ziad smiled and brought her head to his lips to plant a gentle kiss, "You're welcome sweetheart."

Ulyssa blinked when he backed away and took a closer look at her face. She could sense there was something different in his eyes.

"I need you to be good for me, okay? I've got some errands to run."

She pouted, "But I wanted you to be here with me."

"I'll be quick about it. I promise."

She nodded sadly, and Ziad hugged her close as if she'd disappear forever if he let her go. "I love you so much Ulyssa, and I'd never let anything terrible like this happen to you. You hear me?"

Ulyssa looked up at him, and he made sure to kiss every bruise on her cheek after wiping her makeup away with the back of his hand.

"I...I hear you," she responded.

He sighed, "Good. Now head inside, okay? You hit the emergency button if anything goes wrong."

"Yes, sir."