twelve.

On Sunday morning, Naomi visited Mari in her dorm to catch up

On Sunday morning, Naomi visited Mari in her dorm to catch up. It had been a few weeks since they could properly hang out, and the last time they did, it was in Naomi's room. She had prepared honey macarons, and Mari had loved them so much that she put them in the Salon de Marie. They sold out immediately.

"I see," the blonde girl put her cup of tea on the table. "I didn't know you liked kids so much."

"I don't," Naomi rebutted, finishing her cup of Earl Gray. Mari always prepared her favorite tea the way she liked, with a tad of milk and some marshmallows. "But it seems they like me. Andou's little sisters wouldn't let me go when we visited his house."

The green-eyed beauty watched her best friend contemplatively.

"So you finally made some good friends," she smiled. "You became quite famous around the campus. Not only because you're in the same team as the Sweet Princes, but people are constantly comparing you to me."

The dark-haired girl rolled her eyes.

"I know, it's annoying, isn't it?"

"Annoying is putting it nicely," Mari agreed. "The countless occasions someone asked me if I felt threatened by the Sweet Princess." There was an underlying amusement when she called Naomi by the nickname people gave her.

"Ah, right, this unsufferable nickname."

"They have no idea that you're indeed my greatest rival."

"I wonder what faces they'd make. But it's nice, for once, not to be the center of attention all the time. Maybe I'll start hanging out with you more often."

Mari squinted her eyes playfully.

"You're mean, Fae. I'm surprised no one recognized the Sweet Fairy yet. Some students here have transferred from the main branch."

"I suppose using the Takanashi name helped. And being so different from the blonde hair and blue eyes also makes me blend in."

"Except for your stunning looks," Mari smirked.

"They already have their princess, Mari-Hime," Naomi retorted. "Now, play a song for me? I miss your piano."

Mari complied, and a few minutes into Gymnopédie No. 1 by Erik Satie, Naomi spotted the familiar figure of brown hair in a pair of pigtails.

"Wait, Mari," Naomi interrupted the piece. "Ichigo is in front of your dorm."

The blond verified it, and the two hurried down to the entrance upon seeing the girl falling face-first on the ground.

"Are you alright?" Mari asked, but the only answer was a muddy Ichigo fainting.

"Queen-sama..."

"Oh, it seems like you've been promoted from princess to queen," Naomi joked.