33. Home | NSFW

The fog is clouding his brain and refuses to clear as the sound of whispers rouse him from his slumber

The fog is clouding his brain and refuses to clear as the sound of whispers rouse him from his slumber. He attempts to move but his heavy body will not cooperate. It's as if he is superglued to the warm soft surface he is lying on. He slowly opens his eyes - he is home, he recognises his plush velvet dark green sofa and he can see his guitar in the corner. His eyes shut again affronted by the blinding light.

"I bought some fruit, don't know what he likes, so I got a bit of everything. " The deep voice is familiar, he is here. Why is he here? What day is it?

"He loves tangerines. Oh, you got them! Perfect,"  Jorja retorts in her usual manner.

"Yeah, I guessed he did, he has a tattoo of something that looks like a tangerine, or a mandarin or some type of an orange."

He speaks quietly but Lennon hears it clearly as much as he heard him those days in the hospital when William would take his hand and whisper sweet words. He loves the sound of his voice in his home. He loves the fact that his mandarin orange tattoo is on his hip so it makes William one of the rare people it was visible to.

"I never knew, is tangerine the same as orange, and what is clementine? Isn't it all the same thing?" Jorja asks and there is rustling of shopping bags.

"Tangerine and clementines are types of mandarin and mandarin is a type of orange," Lennon croaks from the sofa in the living room, blinking his eyes open again and wincing as bright light stabs his retinas.

"Lennon." He can hear him approaching. His warm hand lands on top of Lennon's, and he forces his eyelids to open again.

"There you are." Troubled eyes lock on Lennon's, and there's so much emotion written on his handsome face as he pins Lennon with his intense stare. "Finally I get to see you awake. Last few times I was in the hospital you were asleep."

"What are you doing here?" He cringes at the hoarse sound of his voice. He remembers that they brought him home yesterday and put him to bed but today he wanted to get out and Nate and Sam helped him come to the living room, where they put lots of pillows and blankets on the sofa, made him comfortable and then watched Netflix. That's the last he remembers, he probably passed out at some point. Those meds are making him so tired.

"I came to see you. I bought you tangerines." This is ridiculous, he thinks, it's not normal for him to just bring tangerines, why does he sound like this is all normal.

"Ok babe I'm leaving now, Nate and Sam went to the meeting with Rick and I have to go see my parents, they're in town, " Jorja is putting her shoes on and then comes to kiss Lennon on the cheek.

"What? You said they'll be in town next week?"

"I did?" she looks suspiciously at William and then Lennon. "I'm sure I said this week."

"Jorja..."

"You did hit your head a bit, you probably don't remember. Anyway, William is here so you won't be alone." Lennon is just sitting there, clueless.