7. A rush of blood to the head

They have to go up to William's flat to leave Cooper and pick up the car keys

They have to go up to William's flat to leave Cooper and pick up the car keys. Once they are inside Lennon is excited again because he gets to know another part of William's life - where he lives. And that part is just blowing Lennon's mind. It is an open plan floor, welcoming from the opened door, not too big but big for this part of the city. Upon walls there are pictures of William's family and friends and Nina. There is one framed Broadway musical poster, probably one of musicals William works on. The floor is an old-fashioned parquet with a blend of deep brown and the walls are red brick. The furniture is rustic and dark but pleasing, all the more pleasing, the table in the middle of this place has union jack colours, few newspapers and a used mug on top. Lennon wants to sink in the brown leather sofa when he sees it and never move. He walks slowly around, sees a little kitchen with a small dining table and really big modern fridge, and on the other side of the room he notices the bedroom area and he's sure the bed is from some high end Scandinavian designer. There is a big mirror, and long windows across the walls had roller blinds.

"I just love your place. Wow." he enunciates the word love and William thanks him.

"My sister did most of it, she was into this industrial style apartment and I liked it. It's kind of too manly, right?" he jokes while taking the leash of his dog and letting him flop on the big sofa.

"Definitely manly." Lennon agrees and thinks about it more than he should. Again, that feeling of attraction towards this man mixed with sadness. Lennon doesn't feel that much really, he usually meets someone new, if they're hot they fuck and nothing else comes of it, but today it was a rollercoaster of these different feelings about only one person. He does definitely feel attracted to William and he can admit that to himself now, standing in his manly, rugged flat and looking so, so manly now wearing Lennon's clothes that hide probably a very fit body. He told him he works out every day.

"I must go."

Lennon has to get the hell away from there right now. Because this man is straight and even though he did notice glimpses of William's behaviour that might say different he is not a freak to make a move on a man in a relationship after meeting his girlfriend. Both being Liam's close friends, he knows how bad that can turn out. He can have any other man he wants, there's few in his contact list that he can call right now. They could take care of him if he's horny. Can they take care of this annoying feeling of sadness because he's leaving this man and maybe never seeing him again?

"Oh yeah, sure, just give me a minute, I'm going to get my keys. Do... Do you want a quick drink maybe?" William is back to being insecure, like he was in a pub when Lennon was flirting with him. Not flirting, definitely not flirting, just testing. And insecure William is a sight that intrigues Lennon, "I'm such a shitty host, didn't even offer you anything." William walks slowly to the kitchen. But keeping his eyes on Lennon like he really wants him to say yes.

"Sure," Lennon mutters under his breath. Unsure of what is happening. Is he reading William wrong. Maybe it is all his imagination. Or hope. William comes back to that spot where Lennon is standing handing him a bottle of water. He can't read William's face but it's different then before. He's just going crazy, he's throat is dry, he realises and thanks him for this water. And then he watches Lennon opening the bottle and drinking eagerly. William moves restlessly in his spot trying not to look at Lennon's face but failing.