Chapter 28

Xavier's POV

It hurt me to leave my mate in such a state but I had to do what had to be done. Seeing her with someone else that wasn't me hurt me more than any battle wound did.

And besides I never trusted that boy. I knew he was Iris's brother which made me be suspicious of him even more.

I walked into Natalia's room hoping to find her in bed crying as sick as that sounds. I wanted to be the one that wipes her tears away.

Fuck that sounded wrong

I noticed the room was empty and thats when the sirens went off. It was a breech

Warriors within the castle had already shifted and attached the rogues that dared to show themselves in my teritory.

As the fight progressed I observed something. They weren't moving into the town instead they were fighting within the stables and the open field.

Something wasn't right. These rogues aren't here to kill the villagers. They were here for something else.

As I tore of the head of a black fured wolf,my Lycan suddenly stiffened.

Mate

She was here. Natalia just stood there watching. I tried to tell her to head back inside but it sounded like barks. I even nudged my head towards the castle but she defiantly stood her ground.

She would definitely be punished after this..

She looked straight ahead at nothing and that's when she gasped.

Lightning struck the ground nearly hitting her and thats when my heart lliterally stopped for a minute.

I watched as one of the wolves changed to its human form revealing a dark haired man. All I wanted to do was rip that mans arms off my mate but surprisingly I couldn't move

My legs gave out and I landed on the concrete ground on my knees.

Blood was pooling around me and thats when I realised that I'd been hit.

One of the rogues had managed to claw my back .

The rogues let out a loud howl before sprinting back into the forest.

It was Natalia that they wanted. They took my mate. They took my mate and I couldn't even do anything

I tried telling the warriors to go after them but they stood their ground. They didnt know that that was their true Luna being taken and that is why they werent acting.

Its all my fault. None of this would have happened if i just accepted her as my mate..

          .             *               .            *

Its been a week. A week without my mate and noone is doing anything about it. I was meeting the board of the council today. I needed them to help me get her back

"What do you mean you wont let the soldiers hunt those rogues down!"

"Your majesty, the girl is not worth sacrificing over a thousand men "

"What on earth is that supposed to mean"

"Your request of sending men after the group of rogues that abducted the human girl that was currently livung in the castle has been denied"

"You fools!"

  "Son calm down"

"I shall not. I need those men out there searching for her bow"

"If I may ask your majesty why is this girl of importance to you.  . You do realise you are engaged and bonded to Princess Iris so why is she this important that you are willing to sacrifice all those men that have families back at home"

"I..."

"Son is the girl your mate?"my dad asked having a weird expression on his face

Enough with the hiding

"Yes she is and she is probably scared and all alone"

"Then your highness why didn't you announce this to the council and why didn't you break ties with Princess Iris?"

"Were you ashamed of your mate my King"

"Is she barren?"

"Was she mated to one of the servants?"

"Enough!"I growled . I was done with all the questions already

Mummers were heard within the council and they finally came to a conclussion

"Given the change of circumstances our decision has been overturned. Well see to it you get your mate back"

"Your majesty,if the human girl is found what will be your next thought of action if I may ask. Will she be made queen"

"Well cross that bridge once we get there"

Dont worry my little mate. I'm coming for you .