Chapter 21

Shout out to Meh_chait for the amazing cover

The wood was splintered alright.. I could tell by how well they sunk into my skin mercilessly tearing into my back with just the slightest movements.

Both my hands and feet were tied in a way that I couldn't undo or free.

The guards standing all around me didn't even bat an eye as they placed me there.

Soon the entire royal family including King Xavier and the entire household servants graced the area with their prsence.

A series of gasps and shrieks could be heard once they saw me. They probably knew what would happen next and me being human wasn't helping

I am not afraid. I am not afraid. I've gone through worse. I've been through worse.Imma survive this.

My eyes locked with Aaron's and I could see the evident worry etched on his face.

"Natalia"he mouthed

I gave him a reasurring nod but he didnt buy it.

I swear I saw him mouth "I'll kill them all"

The Queen ,whom decided to dislike me ,made her way towards me. The guards parted like the red sea enabling her to get even closer

There was soo much hate and disqust in her eyes that made me nearly wrench my guts out. Why does she hate me so much  she barely even knows me.

"What did I ever do to you"I whispered so that it could only be heard by her.

She gave me a chilling smirk before yanking my hair hard.

"Your existence ended mine!"she sneered leaving me even confused.

The sharp sting on my cheeck brought me back to reality.

"You have such smooth and beautiful skin and your hair is to die for"she said sarcastically

"What do you want from me"

"What I want is very simple girl. I want to see you bleed"

"Well you're not the first"I whispered.

"Good. I guess I'll be doing the others a favour then

She turned to one of the guards and whispered something.

All I remember seeing was a whip coated with thorns being brought close to me.

"Forty lashes for the girl"The Queen spoke coldly.

"What has the girl done"It was Xavier's dad who spoke this time

"She didn't come at once when summoned and she dared to lie straight to my face"

"Don't you think thats too much punishment for the girl"The king snarled.

Why was he defending me. Not even Xavier spoke a word despite the damn wolf being my freaking mate

"Its a simple lesson to all the servants dear. I am still queen!"

When the whip hit my skin my heart stopped.

It wasn't just a normal whip the thing was coated with acid. Heaven knows how long its going to take to heal.

One after another the strikes kept getting intense by the minute. I kept my eyes straight ahead and I willed myself not to make a single sound.

Despite breaking both inside and out I willed myself not to cry. I couldn't break knowing that there was no one that was going to fix me.

I watched as bits of my skin dropped on the ground. My poor back.

My legs gave out and I ungracefully dropped to my knees.

Ouch

"Thats enought"Xavier's dad growled before making his way over to me.

The queen was infuriated but the King didn't seem to care. He even pushed her away when she tried to block his path.

I am in so much trouble after I heal

The king lowered himself to my eyelevel and gave me a warm smile.

If it wasn't for my current situation of being in pain and at the verge of death,I'd say that he was happy to see me upclose..

He lifted me up and carried me being mindful of my wounds.

I could see the shell-shocked faces of the rest of the staff .

Xavier's face was cold as usual but Aaron's held something I couldn't quite decipher.

"I'm sorry "The King sighed as he took me to heaven knows where.

I didn't have the energy to reply or do anything. I just laid there

"My Nerea"

That was the last thing I heard before I saw the one thing that seemed to be attracted to me

Darkness