Chapter 27

Regardless of what I said in the previous chapter I decided to continue either way😂😂. Thank you soo much for all who voted and also for those who took time to read this book. It really means alot

The salty tears on my cheeks proved how much I shed. I'm not ok. I feel so scattered right now.

I walked out of Xavier's room and went to the new room I was given. Apparently Xavier's father made new sleeping arrangements for me.

Walking into the room I felt nothing. I shut the door and sunk to my knees. I was done. I was finally done with all of this.

Amidst my crying I heard a knock on the door. I wiped my tears and opened it

"Miss Beth?"

"Natalia dear"

She engulfed me in a warm hug as she gently rubbed my back. I honestly needed that.

She led me to the bed and locked the door

"I need to tell you something dear but it may sound displeasing"

"What is it Miss Beth?"

"My grandson,Aaron, isn't who he says he is"

"What do you mean by that?"

"He is Princess Iris's half brother"

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Its because you deserve better. You my dear are the most strongest girl I he ever met and I'm not going to just stand by and watch these aristocratic imbeciles break you further"

"Miss Beth..."

"I'm not done dear. The Queen wants you hanged by the end of the week. "

"What for"

"You are a threat apparently"she spoke as she opened the drawers that I hadn't quite noticed yet

"What are you doing Beth"I asked as she kept on taking everything out of the drawers

"Looking for this!"she said as she pulled out a teally expensive looking necklace

I panicked

"How did that get there. I swear I never put it there"

"I know. Must be the doings of the queen"

"Beth?"

"Yes dear"

"I'm scared"I whispered as a stray tear trickled down my cheek

"I know dear"she said as she took my hand into hers." Thats why I'm going to get you out of here"

"Out of here ?where would I go . I cant go back to my pack "

"I never said anything about you going back to your pack"

"Then where"

"Home Natalia. I'm going to ensure you go back to your true home"

"I dont have a home Beth"I sighed

"There are things I cant tell you yet Natalia dear but trust me things are going to get better"

"I trust you Beth"

"Good. At exactltly eight ,meet me at the stables"

"Ok"

She soon left . I still couldn't believe what she told me about Aaron.

I wanted to confront him at leasst maybe one last time.

I walked towards his room and just as I was about to knock I heard voices

One was of Aaron and the other was of a female. It sounded exactly like that of .......Princess Iris?

A small gap was left and I was able to see them both clearly

"Why isn't that bitch dead yet Aaron?"

"Trust me ,I have no clue either"

I was hurt. It trully stung like a bitch

"I thought you said your plan was working?"

"The human is madly in love with me I can assure you"

"Then why is she still after my husband ,brother!"

"Isn't it the other way around Iris"

"What do you mean"

"Your supposed husband is
..........is after her not the other way around. I see the way he looks at her like some lovesick puppy. Following her around and.."

"Wait. Why does that bother you. Dont tell me you've caught feelings for the human"

"Of course not. The human is beneath me"

"So everytime you told her that you love her, was a lie?"Iris laughed

"Of course it was. How could I love such a damaged and insignificant girl. She is nothing but a burden to me. She cries alot and she is stupid to think that I'd ever fall for her. She's a slut and an attention' seeking whore. Her death will be the best thing that would happen to me"

I didn't bother to listen to the rest. I walked away.

I promised myself  that I wasn't going to cry at least not anymore.

I waited in my room until half past seven and made my way to the stables.

Thats when a siren sounded . That only meant one thing. The castle was under attacked. A normal person would run towards safety which was the hidden bunkers that the servants were currently running to but I wasn't normal. I was broken and exhausted so I did the most rational thing in my state. I walked towards the stables knowing that that was where the attackers may be.

As I walked my life flashed through my eyes  again.

Memories of my father and mother. It made me smile despite the chaos

Memories of Asia taking care of me and making me happy. How she stood up for me and dealt with my bullies for me.

I ended up laughing. I looked crazy I know.

I looked at the watch Beth gave me and it was two minutes to eight.

Walking into the stables felt surreal. Why you might ask well because a massacre was happening right ahead. The warriors had shifted and were battling with the intruders.

My eyes landed on a silver coloured wolf with ocean blue eyes. Xavier. He growled when he saw me and kept on looking towards the castle probably telling me to head back in.

Well screw him.

I saw Beth from afar and she saw me too.

She stood in the middle of it all and what caught my attention was that the wolves went through her as if she wasn't even there.

She let out a laugh that creeped me out but yet her eyes held warmth

"IT IS DONE"

The last thing I saw was a lightning flash and prominent violet eyes and for the first time bright light overwhelmed me