Thirteen

-Roslyn-

-won't let you talk me-

-won't let you talk me down-

On the way to the Great Hall, Vena was tugged into the boy's lavatory by none other than Theo Nott.

"We need to talk," he said, staring straight into her eyes.

Vena nodded, signaling him to continue. The door to the lavatory opened, and Vena and Theo glared at the fourth year had come in.

"Room's closed," they both snapped.

The fourth year looked like he was going wet his trousers, but because he was so terrified. When he left, the two resumed back to what must be the most awkward conversation on the planet.

"Look, Vi, I don't know what came over me. I swear, I would never force myself on you, or any girl for that matter. I think I was too caught up in the moment, you know." Theo rubbed the back of his neck and sighed before continuing. "I think I needed it more for closure. I needed to kiss you one last time to truly make sure that I don't fancy you like that."

Vena nodded in understanding. After all, it took her snogging Theo to realize that she held some attraction towards Harry. Of course, she wasn't going to tell him that. "It's alright. I know you're an arse, but your not that terrible. I think we both needed it, really. We both needed to know that there were no lingering feelings."

Theo sighed in relief. "Oh thank Merlin. I thought you were going to totally kick my arse. I also woke up this morning expecting Draco to sucker punch me, but I'm assuming you didn't tell him what happened."

Vena shook her head. "I don't think anyone needs to know about this. We can just move on, drama free."

He smiled down at her. Not like he used to, which was filled with either lust or love. Vena didn't know the difference.

She could never tell whether Theo was simply attracted to her, or if he loved her.

But Vena knew that he definitely wasn't in love her. Perhaps that was apart of their problem. Looking back, Theo and Vena were more like friends with benefits than anything.

"I'm gonna go to the Great Hall, do you wanna come?" Vena asked him.

Theo shook his head. "I still have to get my stuff. I was so scared that Draco found out that I rushed out of the common room without my stuff and not in uniform. I'll just go with Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle. I think they're still in the dungeons."

Vena nodded, and the two left the boy's lavatory and split off in opposite directions. Thankfully, Blaise was already there, so she wasn't going to have to wait for her friends. She poured herself a goblet of apple juice as she sat beside Blaise, who had a magazine in his hand.

"What's that?" She asked.

"The Quibbler," Blaise said, taking a bite of his sausage. "I saw a third year Hufflepuff reading it, so I took it from them. Potter did an interview with Rita Skeeter; he's describing what happened last year during the third task."

Vena furrowed her brows, and peered over Blaise's shoulder to read along.

HARRY POTTER SPEAKS OUT AT LAST:
THE TRUTH ABOUT HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED
AND THE NIGHT I SAW HIM RETURN

As she scanned over the article, she read through the detailed description of what happened in the maze. Her heart ached when she read what had happened to Cedric, especially since the Dark Lord had only referred to him as a spare. He was so much more than just an extra body.