Eight

-Cold Cold Cold-

-tell me how hard I will fall-

-if I live a double life-

Vena desperately wanted to tryout for Beater. After the ban on Harry and the Weasley twins, new spots were open.

She had wrote to her father, asking if he could send her broom for tryouts. That had been over two weeks ago, and on the day of tryouts, all he wrote was that she was not to participate in anything that supported Gryffindor.

She personally thought it was incredibly rude, but accepted her fate. Vena could've used her brother's, but she didn't like his handle. Riding another person's broom simply felt wrong.

It was like using another person's wand; it just didn't feel the same. It was as if a broom and a wand did not respond to anyone but its true owner.

So, three days after Vena could not participate in tryouts, she decided to let off some steam. Her, Draco, Blaise, Theo, Crabbe, and Goyle were all on the pitch, hitting the Bludgers back and forth. In the shed by the Quidditch pitch, were extra brooms and bats, along with practice balls.

Vena didn't particularly like the extra brooms, as they were extremely slow and seemed to halt every few minutes. It was incredibly annoying.

The six were on their brooms, not moving. They talked while the Bludgers flew over to them, and only then did they swing their bat. It was nice and calm, nothing serious going on; just friends hitting dangerous objects at each other while flying thirty meters in the air.

"When are you going to grow some balls and talk to Stella, Draco?" Theo said, hitting a Bludger in the direction of the Gryffindor stands.

"I'm not going to talk to her. It's not my problem if she hates me," Draco sighed, hitting the Bludger at Theo's head.

Vena sighed exasperatedly. "I told you, she doesn't hate you! Grow some fucking balls and have a conversation with each other!"

"What am I supposed to say to her?" Draco whined.

The Gryffindor rolled her eyes. Honestly, the two were so helpless it made them much more perfect for each other. She had no idea how two people, one who is friends with everybody, and the other, who has no problem insulting somebody at their face, is unable to talk to each other.

It was maddening.

"Just tell her you fancy her, and snog her senseless," Theo said bluntly.

Even Vena couldn't hide her smile. It was strange, how her and Theo could think alike and be so similar in a sense, and also not work at all. Cedric's death was just the climax of their end.

Vena and Theo argued endlessly, and not in a jokingly manner. They constantly bickered, and their moods changed ever few minutes in their presence.

Vena knew that her parents were disappointed in her that their relationship had ended, but Vena knew that it was for the best.

They would've killed each other, and would've become those bitter Pureblood couples who don't even sleep in the same bed. No matter how good the sex was, they were not meant to last.

Due to Vena's spacing out, she almost got hit in the face with a Bludger. She was able to hit it away just in time, and due to her adrenaline of almost getting her nose broken, she had hit the Bludger to the other side of the pitch, and straight through the middle hoop.

"Salazar! You bitch!" She screamed to no one in particular. "Who did that?"

She examined all of her friends faces, and it wasn't quite difficult to know that Crabbe was the one who hit it at her. "You know what I look like when I'm spacing out! Was I not just spacing out now or do you need to get your eyes checked?"