Chapter Thirty

Zeus ran around the garden chasing birds and sniffing at anything he was curious about.

I sat on the outside edge of the water fountain peacefully as I splashed around the cool clear water with my feet. I spent days working on the garden. It was difficult and time consuming do to my cast being in the way, but I had plenty of time.

The press was dying to talk to me. I got kidnapped and made it out alive. Big story for a small town.

They stayed outside my gate for a few days, leaving when they realized that I wasn't coming out anytime soon. The only action they got was when Stella came to see me and almost ran a few of them over because they wouldn't get out of her way.

Stella asked me if I wanted to return back to school and I told her I would rather finish it online. I needed time away from the society for a while.

Zeus started barking towards the driveway.

I stood up and peeked over the bush blocking views into my backyard, spotting Stella's black mustang pulling into the drive way. I walked towards the gate and exited my backyard, Zeus hot on my heels.

I found out he didn't need a leash to go outside or around the house. He stated by my side and never left me far enough to where he couldn't see me.

"Hey Stella." I said, giving her a hug as she stepped out of the car.

"Hey dear." She responded, hugging me back.

"Has everything been okay?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yes everything has been fine. What's up?"

"I just wanted to stop by and make sure everything is okay."

"I'm doing better. I've been sleeping, Zeus helps a lot."

"Would you like to go out to eat?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Sure."

I took Zeus inside and changed into a floral short sundress, sliding on brown sandals. I grabbed sunglasses off of my nightstand and slid them on top of my head.

I threw my phone in my purse and made my way outside, hopping in the passengers side.

"We will be picking Charlie up from school after we eat some Mexican food if that's okay with you."

I nodded.

"That's fine."

I closed my eyes as the sun warmed my face. My hair flew around as the wind whipped it in every which direction.

I sighed as we began so slow down.

I opened my eyes and the restaurant was in front of me.

"Wow that was fast." I said in shock.

She laughed.

"I'm not a fan of driving slow."

We entered and were directed to a small booth.

I said down and stared at the art on the table.

I looked up and gripped the table as I saw Lorenzo walking towards me with menus.

I drew a sharp breath in, my heart rate dramatically increasing in fear.

I then realized it wasn't Lorenzo.

I tried to calm my breathing.

"Are you okay Jayden?" Stella asked me with worry in her eyes.

I nodded.

"I thought it was him." I said as the waiter came closer.

She looked at the waiter and frowned.

"You just want burgers and shakes instead?" She asked.

I nodded.

She stood up and held me up as my body shook.

"Sorry but we changed our minds, we won't be eating here." She called to the waiter over her shoulder.

We quickly made our way out to the car.

"I'm sorry I didn't think that he would have a twin." She said, shaking her head as we got into the car.

"People just look alike sometimes. It's okay." I said, nickeling my seat belt.

She turned the car on and headed down the road for a few minutes before stopping at a small diner.

Once we got inside we ordered at a tiny table in the back corner.

I faced the door and Stella had her back to it.

I was always paranoid now.

"Stella? I actually wanted to talk to you about something." I said.

The blonde waitress brought us our chocolate shakes with whip cream and a cherry on top.

We both thanked her politely and waited until she left.

"Go ahead dear."

I remained quiet a moment thinking about how I would word this.

"I am very grateful for everything you and my father has done for me. This time we have spent together you have been wonderful to me. I don't want you to think I'm not grateful." I told her.

She nodded her head, waiting for me to continue.

"I want to move Stella." I said quietly.

She nodded.

"I expected that." She said.

"I can't get everything out of my head. This is home for you guys, but it isn't for me. I love the house you gave me, but I can't stay here when Lorenzo is so close. I just can't."

"I understand Jayden, I do. If you would like, you could maybe work for me?" She asked.

"I could pay you well..."

I shook my head.

"I'm honored for the thought Stella, but modeling isn't for me. I don't want people to see me anywhere. I don't want no photos took of me. Nothing that could get traced back to me. But I do want to thank you for everything you've done."

Her eyes watered.

"Please at least tell me you will still talk to me." She said as her voice shook.

"Of course! You're like the mom I never had." I said, grabbing her hands.

"You can come see me whenever you like, once I get settled I will come and visit you." She nodded.

"When do you plan on doing this?" She asked.

I sighed.

"I've been thinking about it. I've fixed up the garden and I've cleaned the house good enough that I could sell it. As soon as it sells I'll leave." I said.

She nodded.

"I can help find someone who will buy it. A lot of people asked me if it was for sale. I hate for it to be sold but I trust that it's for the best." She said.

The waitress brought us our burgers and fries.

We both thanked her once again.

"When are you going to tell your father?" She asked as she ate a fry.

"Soon. I may just call him after he gets off of work." I answered, taking lettuce off of my burger before taking a bite.

"I'll support you no matter what you do. I understand that it's hard to be somewhere where so many bad things have happened."

I nodded, sipping on my shake.

____________________________________

Word count: 1116