Chapter Thirty-Three

{three years later}

I grinned as Dalila ran across the hot sand towards me, and jumped in the coop water to relieve herself from the hot sun.

"Oh my God it is hot as hell out here." She groaned.

"It wasn't until you came running over here." I joked.

She laughed.

"Are you hitting on me?" She asked, being goofy.

"Maybe." I winked at her. She swam beside me.

"I feel a seashell." She giggled.

"Grab it." I told her laughing at her facial expression.

She pulled up a beautiful red seashell, we both studied it in awe.

That began our seashell hunt. We then spent the evening hunting seashells and goofing around as we stuffed them in our bikini tops so we would not lose them.

"What are we gonna do with all these sea shells?" I questioned.

"I don't know. Maybe decorate the house in them?" She suggested.

"Sounds like a plan." I replied, agreeing with her.

"I should send some to Stella," I added, "she would love them."

"Not as much as she loves me." Dalila bragged.

"That is true." I agreed.

She was right. When I introduced her to Stella, Stella loved her and told me she was happy for me. She even said she would pay for our wedding, which cracked me and Dalila both up.

Delilah and I really hit it off. After her first week of staying with me and helping me with the house she left because she felt like she was a burden she later said. I had went after her after a few days because I couldn't stand not being with her. I love her, she was my first love and hopefully she will be my last. I kissed her soft lips and she kissed me back she wrapped her arms around me.

She suddenly broke the kiss.

"You're so short." She teased.

I rolled my eyes.

"If you would sit down we would be closer in height."

"Are you trying to drown me?" She laughed, feigning being offended.

"Don't give me any ideas." I responded.

I hugged her and leaned against her chest so I could hear her heartbeat. I couldn't believe I was engaged to this beautiful woman.

"I love you." I said, squeezing her.

"I love you too." She responded kissing my head.

That was when I knew that things will be okay. I am finally over what happened to me. I won't let what happened define who I am or let it affect my happiness. She made me happy. I was finally happy.

Dalila healed my heart.

•••The End•••
_________________________________

Word Count: 435