-44-

Felicity

"Date?"

The familiar deep gravely voice shook my soul to the core and I squealed out loud before jumping away from the tight grip on my hips.

My body immediately turned around to look at the source and to my horror, I was correct. It was him. The man I was trying hard to avoid. Damn, I even turned my phone off.

'Oh wait. My phone. Shit I'm so dead'

"M-Mr Knight?"

"Pleasant surprise Miller" oh but he was not looking pleased.

He stood there wearing a black trench coat with a scarf loosely hanging off his neck. Looking at his casual attire I wondered to myself what was he doing there.
His hands were locked back and he looked so calm. But the way his eyes stared deep into my soul, I could tell I was going to regret ever ignoring his direct call.

I squirmed under his gaze and blinked mine few times before moving them to Roman then again towards Asher.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your date?" His calm tone almost made me winch.

I cleared my dry throat and started talking.
"This is Roman, Sasha's cousin and my friend", I tried to make the sentence sound as natural as possible. "And he is my boss, Mr Knight"

Hearing his name, Roman eagerly shook his hand but that didn't mean he was not intimidated by Asher; it was quite hard to not to.

"I assume I didn't disturbed you two"

"Of course not" Roman laughed nervously, still in daze of meeting him. "It wasn't a date at all. We were just hanging out as friends"

Saying this he draped his arm around my shoulder as if we're childhood buddies. Asher raised his eyebrow looking between me and Roman's arm.

"Then I hope you won't mind me joining you for lunch" he looked back at the entrance of the restaurant before returning to Roman. It was more like a statement, rather than a question, directed to Roman. "That's where you two are heading, right?"

My eyes bulged out at his request, where as my partner went speechless. Roman stumbled on his words, scratching his neck.

"Yes yes we were just about to go in. And we would love to have your company Mr Knight" he finally let out while I turned my shocked expression towards him.

'He agreed? Just like that? He doesn't even know Asher but is ready to have lunch with a stranger? Just how much power does this man's name carry?'

"Don't you have your guests to entertain?" My mouth opened before I could stop myself.

"I had one. But she was too busy to attend my calls" he shrugged carelessly, looking death into my eyes.

I went to counter his remark but closed my mouth when didn't got anything. Then I realised he was actually talking about me.

'Wait. What?'

"Let's go then" he nodded once to Roman and walked towards the restaurant without sparing me a second glance.

As we walked to the front desk, I let my boss walk few steps ahead of us and tugged at Roman's arm.

"Why did you let him join us?" I whispered yelled.

"Are you out of your mind? How can I refuse him?"

Hearing him I automatically rolled my eyes. Of course he was scared; who isn't? I looked at him with a deadpan expression while thinking how quickly he changed from a 'easy going guy'.