-41-

Felicity

'I'm so tired'

I suppressed the yawn from escaping from my mouth and looked around the elevator to see if anyone noticed. When I saw everyone was busy in their own thoughts I ran a hand over my stiff neck. It took me the whole night to finally complete the work.

If I knew he'll make me pay back for my half days by making me work whole night, I would have never accepted them.

One by one everyone walked out of the lift on their respective floors. Once I was alone, I leaned back to the steel wall and released a heavy sigh. I was just hoping for the meeting to go well. I checked everything trice but still was feeling nervous.

After I reached my floor, I started walking towards my cabin but stopped once to check if Asher was here yet. When I found the door locked I decided to check everything again before handing him the files.

After two hours and a full cup of coffee, my intercom finally buzzed, echoing his voice.

"Bring me the files"

I plugged out the pendrive and took the files before exiting my cabin. I even took a cup of coffee for him just as a backup plan if he needed one.

"Come in" he answered after I knocked at his door.

"Good Morning Mr Knight" I greeted him and placed everything on his table.

He instantly took the cup of coffee and told me to show him everything I prepared. So I sat down on one of the visitors chair and started explaining my presentation with the files I prepared briefly, but I was having a feeling that he was not listening to a word I was saying. I look up at him to see his reaction multiple times, only to find him staring at me without saying anything.

"... So that was all" I waited for his comment but got none. "Did I did something wrong?"

I look down at the files and frowned while looking for any kind of mistakes but I found nothing. Suddenly I heard him getting up from his seat.

"Everything's fine. They're here, let's go" with saying only this, he walked out, leaving me still seated there.

I draw my lips into a thin line when I noticed he was acting weird. No matter how hard I tried to think, I wasn't able to recall anything I did to make him mad. Nevertheless, I got up and gathered all required documents and the pendrive, before heading out.

Mr Lee was a old, half Chinese half Korean man. He reminded me some kind of old wise high master, who are often shown in TV shows.

We greeted him and soon the meeting started. Throughout the meeting, I wasn't able to stop fidgeting my fingers out of nervousness because if the deal doesn't work, I would be the only one to blame. Few questions were directed to me as well and I answered them as smartly as I could.

"You're very convincing, Mr Knight" Mr Lee laughed. "It would be my pleasure to work along with you"

And I nearly jumped out in excitement. I grinned so big that even a stranger could say I succeeded my task. I turned to look at Asher and saw him already shaking hands with Mr Lee.

I quickly got up and moved to his side, when I heard Mr Lee saying, "I would like to have today's lunch with you and your beautiful assistant. Let's celebrate the deal"

I was about to reply when Asher nodded and said, "Felicity is busy this afternoon. She wouldn't be able to join us"

His lie caught me by dismay and I watched him in shock.

"Are you, my dear?" Mr Lee asked me.

Even though it hurted me to know Asher didn't wanted me to go with him, I smiled sweetly at the old man.