-37-

Felicity

The garden was no ordinary but a Victorian style garden. Different kinds of flower beds were beautifully maintained. Beautiful fountains were situated at various distances. It was mesmerizing.

I inhaled deeply as a light breeze of air touched my skin. The decision to come out here for fresh air was right but I don't think my boss is here. In fact, I think no one's here. The whole place was deserted.

I looked around for a minute and suddenly catched a glimpse of a shadow beside the fountain which was situated far away from my standing area.

It was so dark outside that I wasn't able to identify who was the person. But I knew he was wearing full black. Apart from that, Gwen did said she saw Asher coming out here right. So this should be, most probably, him.

I stroll towards the fountain while looking around me at the beautiful flower bed. I noticed the shadow was standing behind the fountain so as I rounded it, I called for Asher.

"Mr Knight?"

But to my surprise, the other side of the fountain was empty. There no shadow, no man, no living being was standing. I felt a sudden thud of realisation inside my chest.

A feeling of deja vu. The same regret creeped my chest which I felt when I first met Asher. The same anxiety I felt when I realised I shouldn't have walked towards that alley.

'I should go back'

I turned around in a rush that for a moment my head went dizzy. It felt like it was going to fall out of my shoulder. I swayed back and forth as I tightly pressed my hand over my forehead.

All of a sudden, a pair of hands grabbed me by my elbows to steady me and I willingly took the support. But touch was highly unfamiliar and uncomfortable, so as soon as I was able to stand on my own, I took a step back and out of the person's touch.

"Are you okay?" A deep rough voice asked.

I looked up and saw an unfamiliar face. His face was covered in rough beard, which was not looking good. A scar ran down from his left eyebrow to the corner of his right lip. His hair was gelled but somehow matted. Despite his scar, beard and hair, I wouldn't have considered him any dangerous if it wasn't for his eyes.

His eyes had the most dangerous glint in it. A shudder of fear ran down my spine and I took a step back again.

"Y-yeah.." I stuttered.

"What are you doing here alone, beautiful?"

I took deep breaths to calm my nerves down and moved my eyes around to catch someone's, anyone, presence. I don't want to be alone in this man's company. Hell no.

"I came to look for someone. I-I think I was mistaken for them to be here. I'll better be going" I tried to keep my tone as flat as possible.

I gave him a tight fake smile and turned around to walk away. As soon as I took a step forward, I felt his touch on my hand, again.

"Shouldn't you be looking for them? Come on I'll search with you" He smirked and rubbed his thumb over my wrist.

I, on reflex, jerked back my hand away from him and looked at him with wide eyes. Okay I was just scared before, but now I'm disgusted as well as terrified.