Chapter 44: Your Problem, Not Mine

okay okay, two POV's, mostly because steph's is like 300 words. Also I know I didn't hit my friday deadline because it's 12:58 not 12, but I got distracted going over the blueprints for an Ass Museum where the curators collect photos of influential people's asses and put them on display by category. (political asses, the asses of sports, rich asses, nature asses, flattest asses, musical asses. You know the deal)

anyway

enjoy

-rabid

***

STEPHAN

"Fuck." I hear the buzz on the other side. Dead air.

"What?" Rocket shoves me.

"I think she knows, why, why was she crying?" I turn to him. "She fucking knows, hockey is always on the TV at my apartment, she must've turned it on and seen me, Rocket, this is horrible."

"Woah," he raises his eyebrows. "That's the worst case scenario, plus, this is the third time you've thought that."

"No! Rocket! Rocket fuck!"

Nico shows up."What's up?"

"Nico, go away!" I shove my phone into my pocket.

"She knows?"

"Just go away, please," I drag my hands through my hair. "Rocket, what do I do?"

"Skip the workout," Nico supplies. "you can redo it tomorrow, just go home."

"Thank you," I grunt. "Fuck, Rocket."

"Just go! Idiot!"

"Why!" I shake him. "Why would I! She's just going to yell at me for lying and being a shit person!"

"I'm coming," Rocket grabs me by the back of the neck and drags me out of the building to the lot.

"Rocket, stop," I'm crying rather suddenly. "Rocket I didn't want it to happen today."

"I fucking know, Steph," he yanks open the passenger side of his truck and then gets in the driver's side. "But it was going to happen one way or another, today is better than tomorrow."

"Rocket, I-"

"You fucked up, yeah, I know, and it is your fault, duh, but now you have to fix it, asshole," he looks at me. "Now you're making me sad," he chuckles a bit and I want to strangle this asshole. "I've known you since you were sixteen, buddy, you still cry when you're scared."

"Shut up, Rocket!" I yell. "Shut up!"

"And when you're frustrated, it's cool, you just cry. It's cute."

"Fuck off!" I scream at him. "Please Rocket, you gotta understand, I want to marry her!"

"Understandable," he clears his throat. "You're also going to want to go in there not sobbing, so." he hands me a suspicious napkin out of the center console.

"Fuck off." I grumble.

"Alright, go explain." He stops in the parking garage.

"You're not coming with?"

"Hell no! This is your shitshow."

"Please?" I delay.

"Fine." he grabs my neck again and pushes me into the building.

"But I'm not going in." Rocket shoves me out of the elevator and then sits down next to the door. "Sho shoo, you already look like shit, you're not going to be able to fix that."