toska

Toska
(n.) A dull ache of the soul.

...

Chapter 67

——————————

                      I was pulled out of the land of unconscious by two people shouting at a distance and no matter how much I tried to refocus and go back to sleep, those two wouldn't let me. Every second the voices got louder and more clear though I still didn't understand what they said. I softly groaned and turned my head to the right, I want to sleep for fucks sake.

A hammering pain made its way to the left side of my skull and slowly engulfed all of it. It hurt so bad that I felt my forehead sweat and I got slightly nauseous. Holy fuck, even breathing is painful.

I tossed and turned on the soft bed, hoping the pain would just vanish. Someone called out my name from a distance. I cracked one eye open. Where the fuck was I?

"Tara! Tara can you hear me? Baby can you hear me?" I'd recognize that voice anywhere. It was Adrian. "She's up, she's up." He kept saying and I groaned. Why wouldn't he just shut up?

I opened both of my eyes this time, blinking rapidly to adjust. Adrian and Atlas had their faces pressed together as they watched, a little too close to my face.

"Good morning kiddo." Atlas cracked a smile. Everything came rushing back to my mind. The test results, my mom met my dad, Caleb and then him. My brother.

I pushed his face away and then slightly smacked Adrian's face. I felt weak but this is how I showed my temper. I didn't forget anything. I was still mad at those two, and everyone else. I may have passed out at the grocery store, Caleb had hit me hard. But I remember kicking him in the balls and felt proud of myself.

"What do we do now?" Adrian questioned Atlas. "I don't wanna call dad right now, he'll only shout and shout." Came his reply.

"If he finds out she woke up and we didn't tell him, he'll have our heads." Adrian argued. I closed my eyes and groaned. I want some peace, my head still hurt like it was constantly being hit.

"Yeah sure go ahead and call him. Once he gets here, he won't let you stay with her." Atlas seemed to shut him up. Both of their eyes were on me now as I felt it.

Someone's fingers ran through my hair and then slowly caressed my forehead. I swiftly swatted it off. I don't need love or care. I'm fucking pissed at them. They sighed together. Adrian cleared his throat, I knew it was him in a heartbeat. "Tara does your head hurt?" He asked me. I opened my eyes and glared at him. His eyes were fixed on my face, trying to understand my expression.

"I'll take your silence as an yes." He told me and I looked away from him. I was placed in a room that was large but empty. Only a bed and a small table at the other end.

"You're at the gang house. This room was made for you after we found out about you..." Atlas trailed off when our eyes met. He tried to smile at me. He was my fucking brother, my family.

"It hurts." I mumbled.

"Try and sit up." Adrian held me by my arm and I sat up on the bed, resting against the bed frame. My headache only worsened.

"You need to eat something before you take the pills. Anything you're craving?" Atlas inquired as he sat down next to me. I put my knees against my chest. "Where's Justin?" I almost forgot he was with me. He disappeared for a minute and Caleb attacked me.