minutiae

Minutiae
N. The small precise detail that makes one unique.

...

Chapter 50

————————-

I fucking hate boys. More precisely, Adrian, Justin and Shawn. Bunch of douchebags who don't know how to act in front of a girl. They were neglecting my entire existence as they continued to shout about basketball. I let out another loud huff which goes unnoticed.

"Mamba is the G O A T. No debate on that." Seriousness on Shawn's face made me angrier. "But James Harden? Freaking legend. No ones ever gonna reach his level of coolness man. I'm always..."

Adrian cut him off by violently shaking his head. His neck was about to snap. "James is ok. I don't see what his hype is about." Justin nods in agreement, sipping cola in peace. The conversation continued for a few minutes before Justin said, "Man you should come to watch us play! This Thursday."

And Adrian replied, "Only if I get to take y'all out for drinks after."

And I knew, things will never be the same. It's the magic of pepperoni pizza, or the weather. Or it's just basketball. But I was grateful this happened. And they had already made plans to get lunch together tomorrow.

"Do you want me to come or it's okay if I don't?" I ask them.

"Jeez, Tara. You're such a drama queen." Shawn taunted me. I only scowled at him.

"It wouldn't be fun without you." Justin commented. So it was settled. We're going to grab lunch at a place Adrian suggested and some of his friends would join us too.

Things were cool until Tyler walked in with a black eye this morning. "How the fuck?" Ethan exclaimed. Tyler shrugged dismissively.

"It's something we do all the time." He replied. Ethan and mine hae was on the floor. "The gang?" I confirmed. He replied with a nod. I had to do a double take.

"Who did this to you?" Ethan inquired. Tyler snorted and looked at me. Is he pointing at me? Ethan went oooh.

"What? Who's it?" I asked them again. "Adrian." Came Ethan's reply. I looked at Tyler's swollen eyes.

"You didn't punch him back?" I asked, half pissed at him. If Adrian did this to him, he should've hit back harder. "I did apparently. But motherfucker dodged it." I shake my head and take a step back.

"This is not acceptable." I walked off to the exit. For the first time I hoped for James to wait in the parking lot for me. Still twenty minutes left to lunch, I think I can punch him and come back.

He wasn't there. Sighing defeatedly, I walked back to be greeted by an amused Tyler. "I thought James annoyed you?" Tyler asked. "But you still went looking for him?"

"Needed a favour." I try to walk past him but he started walking right next to me.

"Admit it Tara. You like it."

I glare at his stupid face. "Like what?"

Tyler grinned before walking away and climbing the stairs. I stare at his back for a minute before sighing and continued walking to my class. School was suddenly very boring without Adrian. Why did his community service end?

Good thing we're are meeting for lunch later but I want to see him right after class ends. I hope James is there, jeez.

He was indeed there and he gave me a big silly grin when I asked him to take me to Adrian. I know it looked like I was desperate, in a way maybe I was. But James didn't have to tease me about it and only he knows about Adrian's location and I'm in tight mess.