trouvaille

Trouvaille
(n.) Something lovely discovered
by chance.

...

Chapter 33

———————

                  Where was Adrian taking me to? I could ask him and he would reply to eat so I've decided to avoid the sass now because I'm hungry. He finally kills the engine in front of a diner. Mama Kerry's.

I walked into the small place full of colorful neon lights and 80's music playing, with Adrian following behind. I spotted an young waitress dancing to the tune behind the counters.

"Earth to Zara." Adrian shouted frightening the girl. She let out a scream. She turned to face us with an angry look on her face. "You're simply the worst person ever."

"Give me food and I won't bother you." He said. It sounded a lot like my life motto.

Zara's eyes fell on me. I immediately recognized her. She was the girl Ethan was talking to that day when we went to the pub to pick him up. "Hi." She greeted me.

"Hello, I'm Tara."

She giggled. "I'm Zara."

"Enough of the girly shit, beef burger with extra cheese, c'mon Zara. Hurry." Adrian whined the last part. He fucking whined. The tough and big bad boy whined in front of me and an other girl. Who even is he? Better question, who's this chick?

"And you'll be having?"

I looked down from the menu hanging above us. "Uhm, I'll try the Mac n Cheese. Thank you." We smiled before Adrian and I walked to a booth. "How do you know her?" I ask him.

"A friend."

I nod. "I have a question. All those tattoos you have, Do they mean something or you have them just to look more of a bad boy?"

He looked offended. "I don't try to look like bad boys. My tattoos mean something."

"Mean what exactly?" I ask immediately, out of curiosity.

"I won't tell you." He replied making my mouth shut. I cross my arms over my chest and leaned against my leather seat. Fucking douchebag.

Adrian noticed me sulking and asked, "What are you upset about?"

"Oh you noticed?" I give him an angry look.

"Are you being serious right now?" He asked, giving me a bewildered look.

"Naked Adrian was much better." I tell him and look out of the window. Shit. What the hell did I just say? I look at him from the corner of my eyes to find him staring at me with a tight grin. We burst out laughing.

"Naked Tara complained less, laughed more." He commented.

Zara served us the food soon enough and we chatted lightly as we ate. After ten minutes of glaring, whining and cursing Adrian finally let me pay for my dinner and we walked out of the diner.

I wasn't sure what to expect next, where will we go? Will he drop me home now? Do I want to go home now? Adrian got on his bike and tilted his head at my direction.

"What are you waiting for?" He cocked an eyebrow. I shake my head and smile. Taking my seat behind him I just decided to stop thinking and see what happens. But as much as I enjoyed being with him, I wouldn't let him get too close. That is against my own rules.