schatzi

Schatzi
(n.) Sweetheart; darling.

...

Chapter 46
___________

               Before we could all process what Carlos had said, Adrian was dragging me behind the building. Shawn and Justin hot on my heels. "Where do you think you're taking her?" Justin asked Adrian, but kept following.

"If you want to live to see the next day, keep following me." Was his only reply. Who could possibly come? Was it their leader?

"Stop right there." We heard someone shout and that's exactly what Adrian did. Three of us turned around after Adrian did.

A shady looking guy dressed in a black button down was a few steps away from us. He inspected us all carefully, his eyes lingering on Adrian's hold on me. "I know you." He told Adrian. "But who the hell are they?"

"Newbies." Adrian replied. I saw the gang walking towards us and with them walked in more strangers.

"She is too?" He pointed towards me. Adrian's demeanor remained calm but his held my hand more tightly now.

"They still don't know how business is done here. So I was taking them away. Both of us don't have enough time." Adrian replied.

"I see, you're trynna hide her from me."

"Let's get straight to business, shall we? We don't know if these three will be able to stick with us are not. They are on a free trial now." Carlos said. Two guys nodded at him and they start talking between each other. When everyone's attention was not on us anymore, Adrian breathed out in relief.

Why were they so afraid of them? Who are these people?

"Adrian?" I call out for him.

"Not now Tara." Came his reply. So I kept quiet and watched Carlos talk to the strangers. Zach and James stood by him, nodding at whatever Carlos was saying. The silence helped me think and as reality finally hit me I kept asking myself, what the fuck was I thinking?

Well, problem is I wasn't thinking.

The way he talked, you'd think Carlos is their leader. Even if he's not, I'm sure he's an important member. Everyone started to nod in sync and then walked around the building together. Stopping in front of a abandoned car, Carlos opened the back door and took out three duffle bags. They left after that.

Carlos, Zach and James waited till the other gang members were completely out of sight before putting their full attention on the three of us. "Alright now princess, start explaining. Why'd you think it'll be fucking alright to just follow my boys?" Carlos asked me.

"I don't have to explain anything to you." I reply, trying to sound as confidant as I could. I was not breaking in front of this dickhead.

Smirking, Carlos bent down to my level, not because I'm short but I was sitting on a car, "I know you're always hard to bend. But if you forgot lemme remind ya, you're in my territory and you're unarmed." Am I supposed to be armed?!

"You three don't stand a chance against me or any of us here and you just saw us dealing something very important. You think I'll just let you walk outta here?" Carlos asked me.

"That's exactly what you'll do." Adrian replied, his voice void of any emotion. "Now get up and get the hell out of here. You've wasted enough of our time already." His eyes fell on me.

"They're not." Carlos yell at Adrian who looked unfazed.

"Yeah, they look like chicken who've just seen their bros being killed. I doubt they'll ever open their mouths." James backed us up and we stood up, ready to leave.