blatherskite

Blatherskite
(n.) a person who talks at a great length
without making much sense.

...

Chapter 15

____________________

                    "Tara, I can't... I can't find Shawn anywhere." Came his shaky voice.

For a second I couldn't feel my heart beating. But then it started beating, ten times faster than usual. "He must be somewhere around. Keep looking." I told him. My hands were shaking. It was Justin's voice that caught me off guard. He sounded absolutely terrified. 

"I've been looking. He's...he's not here. The bouncers, they didn't see him. His phone is switched off." He informed. I bit my lip to think.

"CCTV? There must be one." I tell him. He told me it was a good idea and he had already done that. But there was no trace of him leaving.

"Where could he possibly go?" I ask. Justin exhales shakily.

"I don't know if he has any reserved place like that. Can you call Lauren? Ask her to give you Isabelle's number. Call her and check if he's with her. I'll be heading to the police station. Okay?" He told me. I'd do anything but the thought of him with Isabelle made me breath out in anger.

"Hold up, police? If he went to Ominic, you know he's going to get in shit for that. Wait till I have a word with Isabelle."

Justin sighed again. "I don't want to be late Tara. I can't let anything happen to him."

I rub my eyes, "Nothing will happen. He's a grown up."

"Not really." He said faintly. We hung up after that. Lauren wasn't pleased that I woke her up, but she helped when she got to know what the problem was. On the other hand Isabelle, was being rude to me. I didn't let it bother me. I had to get my priorities straight.

"If you could just answer, I'd hang up and you could continue with your beauty sleep, you know?" I spat. She could answer me straightly.

"We talked around eleven. He wouldn't tell me a lot, but there was loud noise." She said and I tried not to snap at her. "That part, I already know. He went to a club. After that?"

"Seriously Tara? He must be having a one night stand with someone. Why are your panties on a twist?"

What she said was partially right. But still, it didn't help with the worrying.

"Then he wouldn't call me to pick him up. Anyways, you weren't much help but thanks." And I hung up before she could reply. I called Justin next as I turned the lights of room on.

"Any update?" He asked.

"No. You?" Justin sighed, "He was drunk, right?"

I humm in response.

"He talked like Groot, right?"

I hum again.

"He's a big guy, right?"

I narrow my eyes, "What are you trying to say?"

"What my point is, he'll make it out alive from wherever he is. Okay? Stop being such a mother hen Tara." He said, making me blush. "I'm not a mother hen, you are. You are always worrying about everything." I told him and he chuckles.

"He'll be fine. I'll go back home." In my almost fifteen years of knowing Justin, I knew he didn't sleep last night. He must've stayed up and stared at the door. I was no exception. I didn't get a blink of sleep whole night.