rantipole

Rantipole
(n.) wild and reckless young person.

...

Chapter 12

—————————

    "Finally, we are alone!" Spencer shouts from his position. I tried not to scream because the way he said it was frightening. For the love of god, I'm barely eighteen. It is not a suitable age to die, is it?

"What do you mean?" I ask after a long silence. His grin was intact.

"Do I scare you Tara?" He asks.

"Mom told me to not associate with strangers, you know." I say as I slowly walk to where he was seated. He looked down at his lap, smiling. He was handsome, but still I needed to watch my back. Trusting people easily isn't my thing.

"If you don't associate, how can you make friends?" He asks. I take a seat across him and shrug. "I'm not really looking forward to befriend you. You'll be gone after the match anyways."

He smirked this time, "Maybe, maybe not."

Something about him made me feel wary. Not terrifying, it was just strange. Can you really blame me? I met him this morning, naked, on our porch.

"You're uptight, nothing like your friends."

I roll my eyes, "I'm not a book that you are reading."

"My apologies, but you're easy to read." Did I mention his grin was still intact? It didn't hurt? I could smile ten seconds most and my cheeks would hurt. He seemed to have a superpower.

I cross my hands and arch an eyebrow at him, "Am I?"

"Yep, currently you are guarded because you think I might attack or kill you. Trusting strangers isn't your thing. Correct me if I'm wrong."

I try not to gasp, "Well....." what am I going to say? He had it right. "I told you I don't associate with strangers much."

He looked at me for a long time. "Why were you and Justin talking about my dick this morning anyways?"

I turn scarlet instantly. He heard us? Oh my god, embarrassing wasn't a proper word to describe the situation. He heard us talking about his dick.

"Yeah I heard you this morning. What was it about?" He asked again.

"What Justin and I talk about is none of your business." I tell him. I had to be rude, there was no other way out of this embarrassment.

"You were talking about my dick." He sort of informed me. I open my mouth to say something but nothing came out. Well, if my brain wasn't such a mush right now, I could use a nice comeback.

"Why don't you just shut up and give that hole in your face a chance to heal?" I tell him. He looked at me for a while before he burst out laughing. He was so care free. I can not imagine myself, seating on a stranger's couch and laughing my ass out.

"Well, you probably said it without thinking." He had a small smile playing on him face, "The way you do most things."

I gasp. That was the meanest thing anyone ever said to me.

"I've always wondered why people bang their heads against walls, then I met you."

"Oh yeah?" He raised his eyebrows. He never seemed to stop smiling. "Forget about walls, I could bang you anytime." He said. I felt my cheeks warming up at his statement.