26 | t e s t u d i n e o u s

testudinieous.
(adj.) slow as a tortoise.

"He really likes her

"He really likes her." I said truthfully as we took our seats at a table far away from Justin and his date, wanting to give them a little privacy.

"Yeah. She's really pretty." Hazel says with a huge smile, making me smile immediately.

I looked over Justin and gave Hazel a huge grin, "That's the same seat where we first met." I stated after noticing the place. A shiver ran down my spine, thinking about that day I met this angel. I slowly took a sip from my coffee.

"You remember?" she whispered so slowly that I could barely hear her.

"Of course I do. As I said, I remember everything if it includes you. I even remember that you were wearing a black top and your favourite classic denim skirt. You looked so beautiful. That was the first time I met you." A full blown smile took it's place back on my face as a light shade of red covered my cheeks.

"Um. I don't know what to say." she mumbled clearly embarassed and taken aback, "How do you even remember such things. I don't even remember what I had for breakfast." I chuckled at her words.

"I have a brain much better than yours. And it's completely fine, you don't have to say anything. I just wanted you to know that you are beautiful." I made a bold move as my fingers slightly touched her hand making her jump suddenly.

"You're pretty too." She retorted back after a few moments earning a chuckle from me.

"Thank you."

"You know this actually wasn't the first time we met." She sighed, looking at my green eyes very intently without breaking the contact. I looked at her like she had grown teo horns. She would still look so perfect.

I was so confused by this point that my lips curled into a small pout, causing her to look at me with something I would like to term admiration.

"Really? But I don't remember anything. . ." I trailed off, lost in my own thoughts. When did I met her? I am pretty sure that if I ever met her, I would remember, how can I forget about someone so perfect and beautiful like her?

"I kinda knew you from the very start. We went to the same elementary school." She paused to watch my reaction. I simply nodded my head as a sign for her to continue. Elementary school? I don't remember anything about that.

"There was this one day when I was crying. It was a few days after my mother's funeral so yeah I kinda was still mourning. I remember I saw those kids coming with their mothers and then I started thinking how things had changed in just a few days. I lost someone most important to me."I gave her a hand a soft squeeze. She stopped taking in a breath before continuing,

"Yeah so that day was one of my few of mourning days. While I was crying a group of boys came and started calling me names, names too mean for a little ten year old to understand."

"I don't like where this is going." I stated, trying to connect the dots. I wasn't that dumb. I knew where this was going and I didn't like even a bit of this.

She sighed looking at me, "You were one of the boys."

"I am so sorry." I said the first thing that came to me. Why the fuck was I such a bastard? Not knowing what to do I brought my fingers up and stroke her left cheek.

"I am so fucking sorry."

"It's okay. As if it has been five years and you were just ten. And I know that now you've changed. You are a much better person now."

"Now when you're saying this I kind of remember that day. My mother was furious, someone had told her about this and she literally gave me a lecture for two hours straight. It was on that day when my mother taught me alot of new things, and my perspective of seeing the world kind of changed I guess?"

I bit my lips, the frown still adorning my face, "I am not liking the fact that my first impression wasn't good." I chuckled slightly, trying to lighten the environment.

"So that was how you knew me?" I continued as she gave me a small smile and a nod.

"Well I guess I never really had a good first impression with anyone in my life." I spoke truthfully, "With the rumours and all people tend to judge me pretty fast."

"Rumours?" I bit my lips hard and looked up only to see Hazel still sitting their, confusion etched on his face.

"Yeah rumours about me warming everyone's bed. You must've have heard them. It's kinda hard to miss that." I chuckled with a slight bitterness in my tone.

"Wait a second. Rumours?"She coughed out loud again, almost as if she choked on his spit and stared at me wide-eyed.

"Yeah rumours. What do you think? I slept with ten different women everyday? Come on cupcake what do you think I am? A walking STD?"

"Rumours?" Hazel repeated, her voice increasing a bit and her eyes still wide.

Geez. How hard is it to understand simple english language?

"We can do this all day if you want Hazel. Of course they were rumours. Me being gay was a rumour. Me having a different girlfriend everyday was a rumour. And heck, me sleeping with our seventy year old nasty history teacher was a rumour too. God why would people even say that?"

Seeing her lack of response I continued speaking nothing but the truth, "Hazel I've slept with two women my entire life. Just two not two hundred. What you heard about me were just rumours."

"So all of them were rumours?" She gave me a disbelief look. I looked at her with a bored expression, sighing.

Ignoring her, I turned to Natasha who was already looking at us with an amused expression. Atleast someone is enjoying this.

A/N- Yes I know this chapter is shit

A/N- Yes I know this chapter is shit. I am so sorry I've been so caught up with my school projects and sleeping (I sleep alot) I just couldn't write:/ Today I forced myself to write atleast something and the result is the worst ugh. Anyways stay safe and hydrated my sunshines x

DATE: JANUARY 13th, 2021.
NUMBER OF WORDS: 1090.

DO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE PLEASE!

THANK YOU FOR READING!