7 | f r i s s o n

frisson.
(n.)a shiver of pleasure.

Everyone slowly took their seats

Everyone slowly took their seats. Mr and Mrs Anderson sat together with Natasha between them while dad took the seat opposite to them. My poor unlucky ass was sandwiched between Ivan and Justin. Yay! Lucky me! Note the sarcasm if you haven't.

Everyone indulged in small talk while I only responded when someone asked me something. Suddenly Mrs. Anderson brought the whole attention to me.
"You and Ivan go the same school, right dear?" I looked up from my food and opened my mouth to give a decent reply.
"Yeah, I guess."

You guess? Seriously Hazel? You need to take classes on how to have a decent conversation now.

She nodded and her eyes sparkled with joy. It was now that I noticed that Ivan was a complete replica of his mother. The same green eyes, brown hair and full lips. Not to forget the fact that both of them were highly attractive.

"So Ivan and you have met earlier?" This time it was Mr Anderson.
Before I could answer Ivan chose to speak.
"Yeah we have."
I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.
"We're friends." Ivan added while I glared at him.
"More like acquaintance." I spoke up. Mr. Anderson have a curt nod.

Soon the topic changed and the attention was finally removed from me. Thank God.

While I continued picking on my food, I felt something on my thighs. I slowly looked down only to see Ivan's hand caressing my leg. Okay what the fuck is he doing? Is he out of his mind?

"Cupcake." He whispered breathlessly near my ear making me shiver. Shit how do I respond to this now? I have never been in such a situation. I asked my brain for some help but looks like it was busy singing the lyrics of 'stuck with you'

Holy shit. What do other people do in such situations? Or do they do something?

Shit stop freaking Hazel. It's just a hand.

"Cupcake." He repeated again, his voice so low that only I could hear him. I finally looked up and as our eyes met my breath hitched. I raised my eyebrow silently asking what the fuck was he doing. Ivan being the stupid jerk he is, he just smirked, as usual. I wish I could just wipe off his smirk. He then finally opened his mouth to say something.
"Did you know strawberries aren't berries?" I scrunched my eyebrows up in confusion and a frown took place on my face.

Not the sentence I was expecting but anyways. Thank god it wasn't any sexual innuendo.

"Did you know it is impossible to hum while you hold your nose?"
Here comes the nonstop annoying chatter box. He is insane. How can someone talk so much? And why is his hand still on my leg?
I was about to yell at him when suddenly an idea popped into my mind.

How fabulous. Sometimes I feel like I am the creator of this universe. I am literally the smartest, the best. The best of all!

Can we just know the idea Instead of hearing you praise yourself?

As I smiled at him, his smirk started diminishing. From his expression It was clear he has understood that I was up to something. Something evil. Unfortunately he didn't knew what I was up to.

I slowly moved my hand to take something, I faked a cough and spilled the glass of water all over him earning a bunch of gasps from the table. I let my jaw drop and my eyes widen, making it look like I too was shocked.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry." I faked a mixture of worried and sorry expression. Ivan was quick to understand my plan, knowing very well that whatever I was doing was just an act.
"It's okay." He rasped through gritted teeth, clearly annoyed by my not so innocent act.
"I am so sorry." I apologised again.

"Oh it's okay honey you don't have to be so guilty of it. It's just water." Mrs Anderson assured me.

Correction, pretending to be 'guilty'

"Yeah of course honey. Now could you please do the honours of showing the way towards the washroom so I can clean up?" Ivan hissed, emphasising on the word honey. I gave him a sly smile and nodded in return.
"Follow me." I commanded.

As we reached the washroom I turned to leave but unfortunately Ivan had other plans. He took the hold of my wrist and pushed me against the wall.
"You are playing with fire cupcake." He said gruffly.
"Good thing that I am water." I replied confidently.
He smirked at my response.
He leaned down his head, his lips finding their way to my neck.
"The game of fire and water. Hmm. Sounds interesting but alas we all know how it ends." His lips mumbled against my neck.
The fact that my oxygen supply was totally cut off and my mouth went dry just created matters worse.
"I-I think you needed to use the washroom." I stuttered.
"Will you join me?" He asked, his lips still there on my neck.
"No. You're the one wet here. Not me." I said.
"I can make you wet." He started sucking my skin, making me squeal. "I can make you so wet." He growled but didn't stop the magic he was doing on my neck
Realisation struck me and I pushed him back.
"Fuck you." I whisper yelled.
"With pleasure cupcake." He retorted back. I groaned, annoyed with his dirty tactics and left without arguing any more.

But I didn't miss the loud beating of my heart.

A/N- I know the chapter was short, but at least it had some Hazel and Ivan moments

A/N- I know the chapter was short, but at least it had some Hazel and Ivan moments. Sorry, I'll try to write more the next time. Oh and do I keep this book PG-13 or should I add some mature/intense moments? Do share your thoughts and don't forget to tell me how the chapter was!
Ps-Thanks for 71K+ reads.

DATE: SEPTEMBER 24th, 2020.
NUMBER OF WORDS: 1020.

DO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE PLEASE!

THANK YOU FOR READING!