20 | c a i m

caim.
(n.)lit. "sanctuary"; an invisible circle of protection, drawn around the body with the hand, that reminds you that you are safe and loved, even in the darkest times.

 "sanctuary"; an invisible circle of protection, drawn around the body with the hand, that reminds you that you are safe and loved, even in the darkest times

Grabbing my bag I stepped out of the passenger seat. Ivan took my hand in his and grabbed the bag from me, so I could come out easily. I offered him a small grateful smile which he returned happily. Ivan didn't let go of my hand while making his way towards the entrance and neither did I complain. His hands felt warm and safe.

Suddenly I could feel some intense stares on me. I looked up only to see some people giving me dreamy looks while some looking at me like I was trash. But honestly I couldn't care less, I know how high school works and I am so not letting this affect me.

A voice called out for Ivan making me turn my head and divert my thoughts.
"Why weren't you answering my calls?" Ryder asked giving Ivan a smack on his shoulder.
Ivan groaned, "I was a bit occupied." He made up an excuse.

Occupied my ass, he was playing video games all night long.

"With Hazel?" Ryder asked with a teasing smile. I rolled my eyes, trying to act cool and unbothered. My red stained cheeks told a total different story.
"You guys look cute together." I heard an unfamiliar voice shout. I looked up to see a girl, a complete stranger, and she was taking a video.

I thought to clear her confusion that we weren't together but Ivan shouted a thank you back, pulling me away with him. I was about to ask him why he didn't correct her but then I suddenly felt a sudden ache in my lower abdomen.

"Hey Ivan you all go ahead I just need to go to the washroom." I excused myself earning a couple of nods from both Ivan and Ryder.

I spun away from them and continued walking towards the washroom. I opened my bag and hurriedly tried to find a pad.

Great. The only day I forgot about my necessities is the day mother nature decides to give me a visit.

I called Sia for some help but her calls went straight to voicemail.

Where the hell is this bitch?

Suddenly I heard the washroom door slam open.

Tanya Israni.

A student just like me, the only difference being she was way more popular than me.

She just broke down as she didn't notice me. The sobs punched through, ripping through her muscles, bones, and guts. She pressed her forehead against the grimy stall door and began to let her heart yank in and out of her chest.