I Love You

"Let's go explore!" I shouted while dodging Jackson. I turned around and saw his back stiffen a little... then he turned around to expose the same playful grin I was used to and locked arms with mine.

I followed along with his pace.

"Let's go shopping first because I know a lot of boutiques. And there's probably a lot of museums and galleries you want to visit? But there's usually a lot of line ups, especially at The Louvre... but we have some time and a private car so I'll give you a tour..."

"Alright, but let's eat first..." he smiled and then took me to a place nearby for brunch. After loading up on some baguettes we traveled to the Eiffel Tower. The closer I got the more amazed I was by its' grandeur.

"Let's take some photos!" Jackson tugged the edge of my coat and pulled me forward. He brought out his phone and selfie stick and I scoffed... of course he carried that around with him.

I took some photos on my own and explored the grounds.

We then headed over to The Louvre and as expected there was a line up. But Jackson was surprisingly patient and after 2 hours we entered the museum...

I was able to see living pieces of art history in person. Not from a picture book or text book, but in person and it was... an indescribable feeling. Seeing the Mona Lisa, Caravaggio pieces, various iconic portraits centuries old and of course sculptures like the Venus de Milo... I almost broke into tears...

I don't know how long I sat in front of The Liberty Leading The People until Jackson gently touched the top of my shoulder...

***

"Did you enjoy yourself?" we had left the museum some time ago and had gotten some latte's nearby at a cafe. We were now heading to our next destination, The Palace of Versailles.

"This is a dream come true to be honest..."

Jackson pointed out a few places outside of my window while we were driven to the Palace... I was amazed by design of the gardens, the lively water fountain, and the majestic architecture inside which shone like a golden sun... 

By the time we had finished another tour I was exhausted... we had spent an entire day out. When Jackson suggested we head back and eat I immediately agreed.

Afterwards, we walked back to the hotel. It was nearby the restaurant we had dinner at...

"Let's check out a winery tomorrow."

"You've got to be kidding me. Drinking got us into this mess..."

"You can't come to Paris without trying local wines. I know a place..."

"We need to go back soon..."

"Alright, we'll leave tomorrow night but let's explore some more places alright?"

I sighed... how could I explain this to everyone? Even though this was one of the best days of my life...

When we got upstairs Jackson and I took off our coats again.

"I can send someone for clothes tomorrow. We forgot about that," he chuckled.

"Really, it's alright."

"It's no trouble. When I visit I frequent their shop. Their independently owned."

I exhaled while sitting down... it felt like I could fall asleep in seconds.

"Although this was an accident... did you have fun...?" I looked up at Jackson who was pouring himself a glass of water. He turned to me slightly and smiled.