chapter-42

Next day morning

Sanjay got up from his slumber due to the light rays falling on his face from the window. He was sleeping on his stomach. His hand was searching for Niha who will be present beside him.

But, today she was not present beside him. He opened his eyes instantly. The place beside him was empty indicating absence of Niha.

He very well know that Niha always woke up after him. He have to try hard to make her get up. He was wondering where was she.

He got his answers when he heard the shower sound from his washroom.

He sat on the bed leaning his back on bedpost. After few minutes, Niha walked out. She draped herself in saree and kept her wet hair down.

Niha was rubbing her hair with the towel and was walking towards the dressing table. Sanjay was mesmerized by her attire. He was keenly observing her movements.

He was looking at her eyes which was the reason why he was drawn towards her most. He kept staring at her.

She noticed Sanjay woke up and asked him, "No work, today?"

" I have," Sanjay replied.

" Then why are you still sitting? Go and get ready," Niha suggested Sanjay.

" I will once I know the reason for your wierd behavior, " Sanjay said.

" Weird?" Niha questioned.

Sanjay nodded his head and said, " Yes, why were you up early?" He got up from the bed and started walking towards her.

" Conference, " Niha's reply.

" So what? Why you have to get ready like this?" Sanjay asked stopping in front of her.

" There will be other chief doctors. I need to be somewhat traditional," Niha said.

" So, you're telling other dresses aren't traditional, " Sanjay asked Niha.

" I didn't mean that," Niha said.

" Then what? Why do you have to get ready like that then?" Sanjay questioned Niha.

" Get straight, Jai. What's your problem?" Niha asked Sanjay.

" Go and change your dress then," Sanjay replied.

" Why? Am I looking bad?", Niha asked Sanjay checking herself in the mirror.

She felt ok with her appearance. She didn't understand what his problem is.

" No, you're looking gorgeous. In my words, sexy."

" Why are you not telling me straight?"

" What?"

" You used to tell straight. But these days you are using descent words like gorgeous. Can I know the reason why?" Sanjay was scratching back of his head.

"  For your kind information, I like it before than now. Why are you asking me to change if it's good?" Niha asked.

" Because I don't want others to look at you like I look at you. So, go and change."

Niha took her time to process his words.

" Jai, What's wrong with you? Are you alright?", Niha started checking his body temperature by placing her hand on his forehead.

" What wrong with me?", Sanjay asked pushing her hand.

" Because you're behaving strange."

" I ain't behaving strange. I am telling you straight. If you don't wear your routine dresses, I will make sure you won't go to your conference," Sanjay warned Niha making her mouth hang down.