chapter-23

Niha was running out of time. She tried her maximum way to come as quick as possible. To her bad luck, she got struck in the traffic. She was praying not to get caught by Vardhan sir.

After reaching the hospital, she tried not to get caught. She stopped in her track when she heard Vardhan's sir voice," Can I know what's time now?"

" Sir, Try to understand sir. I am recently married."
" You are trying to act smart. Now, I want to act smart. Another time, If I find you late, I will not allow into hospital for one week."

" Sir, you're mean," Niha said to Vardhan in horror.
" Then come quick. For now, leave," Vardhan tried his maximum way possible to hide his smile. Many people around them are looking eagerly to know what's happening.

Niha stomped her feet and turned to leave. She saw Anannya beside Vardhan. Niha was immersed in her work. She was roaming here and there. She stopped in her track when she heard two nurses murmuring her name.

" Did you hear that Vardhan sir scolded Niha mam infront of many people for being late?"
" Yes, but She was late by 10 minutes. There is no need to scold in front of other."

" Have you not seen Ananya mam beside sir? She might have agitated sir against her. She was always jealous of Niha mam. She always tries to find mistakes in Niha mam."

Niha couldn't take it anymore. She didn't mind Vardhan sir scolding. She felt he care for her. Here, rumors are spreading otherwise.

" Can I know what's going here?"
Both nurses turned towards Niha.
" Mam..."

" Are you here to gossip? Have you submittedthe reports?" Niha questioned them.
" I was..", Niha didn't let them to finish and replied ,
" You're here to do work. So, do your work first."

Niha left from there.

Same day
Evening
At Niha's hospital

Niha was talking to the patient. She was interrupted by her phone call. She saw caller ID. It was from Moukti. She prescribed the medication. After patient left, she dialed Moukti.

" Hey duffer! Where are you?" Niha heard Moukti's voice. She heard Moukti's anxious voice.
" At hospital. I am about to leave."

" Just meet me at our regular cafe. I need to tell you something,Niha."
" What is it?"

" If it is said in phone, I would have tell you a long before. I want to tell you face to face."
Niha's brain ended up giving her only one thought.

" Are you.." Niha tried to question Moukti but got lost in words.
" Yes, you stupid." Niha squealed hearing Moukti's words. Niha noticed several people staring at her. She mumbled a sorry to them.

" Who is he? Answer me," Niha questioned Moukti.
"Just come to our regular cafe. You will come to know."
" I will be coming in 10 minutes. "

Niha was excited to know who he it is. She thought finally her bachelor friend was in relationship. She hopped in joy and went into cafe.

-------------------------------------------

Same day
Morning

Sanjay was looking at the Niha's retreating figure amusingly when she snapped at him and left. No one dared to talk to him like that. He knew he told so many harsh words to her.

She was hurt by his words but didn't showed at him. She was hiding her feelings well. He was seeing how much better she can hide her feelings. He wanted to get to know what she thinks.

He thought it would be difficult for him to marry her. But, she agreed to him immediately. It made him curious about her. But, he wanted to make regret for slapping him.