Fourteen

Tope smiled at the female figure walking up to her table and sat up straight in pride as she watched the lady glare at her while sitting opposite her.

"Hi. Care for a drink?"
Tope said.

"Shut up. Why did you call me here? You know how I detest seeing you."

Tope scoffed. "Oh, please. You and I both know that I detest seeing you too, so the feelings are mutual, baby girl."

"What do you want? I already told you that, I don't want to see you again."

"Oh, but it will be very hard to get rid of me so easily, don't you think?"
She said, smiled and ran her fingers in invisible circles at the rim of her wine glass.

She looked up at the lady and laughed. "Oh, chill. I'm not going to kill you, am I?"

The lady chuckled, looked down at the table, shook her head and loomed back up at Tope.
"Honey, you should be scared one here. You're playing with fire. If you don't know."

"I love playing with fire. If James isn't hot enough for you to notice."
She said and laughed out loud.

"Keep laughing all you want, Tope. You need the strength to have your last laugh."

"Is that a threat?"
She said and scoffed.

"No, babe. I don't give threats. I make promises. That I keep."
She said and that was enough to wipe off the smile from Tope's lips.

"What do you want, I'm busy."
The lady stated.

"I need money. More money."
Tope said.

The lady chuckled, then scoffed, then threw her head back in laughter.
"You're a joker. But the difference is: you don't have a dangling cap on your head."

"I'm serious. Do I look like I'm joking? Well, you will do what I ask. I'm getting fed up, keeping your secrets."

"I didn't ask you to keep them. I didn't tell you."

"Yeah, well I found out myself because I'm smart. Now, think of how smart I'll he when I let them know what you've done."
Tope said, glaring at the lady fearlessly.

The lady stars back at her, then smiled. "Sure. How much?"

"I'm not greedy, so I'll just say. . . 3million."

"What the . . .!"
She paused to look around the restaurant when people started stealing glances at them. She leaned back in her seat and sighed, closed her eyes while Tope smirked at her.

"Where do you want me to get that whole amount?"

Tope shrugged. "I don't know. You're from a rich family after all, right? It won't be too hard to get it."

"Stop playing games with me. I don't have that much to give you."

Tope sighed, looking bored. "Oh, well. You leave me no choice then."
She made to leave but the lady held her down.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Home? Or maybe. . . the police. Or worst, the media. That's faster, right?"
She said and laughed.

"Sit down. I have One million."

"Oh, come on. No fall my hand nau. A while you. 1million keh!"

The lady sighed. "Two is all I can offer you."

"Three is all I want." She stated.

The lady looked up at her. "Fine." She said.

Tope smiled and stood up, took a little sip on her drink and looked down at her. "You have one week to get it to me. I'm nice, right?"
She grinned. "Okie dokie, babe. I've got to scram. Pay for the drink, will you?"
Tope left the restaurant.