~ Twenty-one ~

The next morning Johnny drives us over to his fathers house to pick up the babies and of course tell everyone the news. "Does Percy know?" I ask biting my lip. "Nope. Only dad does." Johnny smiles grabbing my hand. "He cried like a baby when I told him I wanted to propose." He chuckles."Do you think he'll cry again?" I ask knowing the answer. "Of course he will." Johnny says rolling his eyes.

When Johnny flings the door open the house is silent. "Where are they?" I ask walking into the kitchen when I see the living room empty. "I have no idea." Johnny says, a small line appearing in between his eyebrows. "Dad?" No answer. "Percy?" No answer. "Tom?"

"Yeah?" Tom says appearing in the door frame making me jump. "Where is everyone?" Johnny asks leaning against the counter. "Dads just gone to the grocery store and Percy is still sleeping with the babies." Tom shrugs as he makes his way towards the fridge. "I'll go wake Percy." Johnny says pushing Toms head gently before he leaves.

"What's the parade going to be like?" Tom asks pulling out a water bottle. "It's going to be amazing!" I tell him excitedly. Tom and I move to the living room and talk about Thanksgiving. About 10 minutes later Johnny appears holding Arlo with a sleepy looking Percy following with Willow in his arms.

"How's my babies?" I ask scooping Willow out of Percys arms straight away. "Did you have fun with granddad and your uncles?" I coo. Willow gives me a gummy smile and kicks her legs. "All they did was shit, cry, smile then sleep." Percy mumbles laying down on his spot on the sofa.

"Dad changed most of the diapers. Arlo pissed on Percys face though." Tom snorts making Johnny and I both burst into laughter. "It was fucking gross." Percy mutters blushing. "How long will dad be?" Johnny asks placing Arlo in his bouncer seat. "Should be home any minute." Tom answers throwing his empty water bottle at Percy.

On cue Marc walks in the door with a handful of grocery bags. As soon I see him I place Willow in her bouncer and give him a smile. Marc smiles at Johnny and I for a moment before dropping the bags and practically runs to us. "Finally!" He cries as he pulls as both into a hug. "I'm so happy for you." He says pulling back giving me a smile. "Thank you." I say pulling him back for a hug. "Thank you for the ring. It's beautiful." I whisper in his ear, feeling my eyes fill with tears.

"God. The babies weren't even that bad. You're being dramatic." Percy says from the couch. "That's not what I'm talking about." Marc says rolling his eyes. "Tell them." Marc says to Johnny gesturing to his other two sons. "Oh god you're not pregnant again are you?" Tom says looking slightly scared. "No." Johnny and I answer at the same time.

"We got engaged last night." Johnny says casually. "WHAT THE FUCK?" Percy yells jumping from the sofa and pulling me into a hug before hugging Johnny. "No shit?" Tom asks coming to hug me. "No shit." I smile as I hug him back. "Did you cry?" Percy asks wiping his own tears from his eyes. "Of course I did. I'm still hormonal." I joke.

"Not as much as dad did."

~

When we get home I ring my dad but he doesn't answer. Instead I ring Sam. "Pumpkin! I miss you!" Her voice sings through the phone after the first ring. "I miss you too. I want to come visit." I say pouting even though she can't see me. "I wish you could." She sighs dramatically. "How about next weekend? Johnny and I could bring the babies and Charlie up?" I question nibbling my lip.

"For real?" She screams making me pull the phone away from my ear. "Yeah. Johnny texted Charlie and he said he's keen to come."

"Oh my god! Oh my god! This is going to be the best weekend ever!"

After talking to Sam for half a hour I try ringing my dad again. Just as I'm about to hang up he answers the call. "Dad?" I ask when he doesn't say anything. "It's your mother." Moms voice comes out icy. "M-mom?" I stutter. Johnny quickly puts Arlo down and moves to sit next to me on the sofa, and grips my hand.