please read

First off, I want to use this opportunity to express my gratitude to each and every one of you reading this book. For me, it's like a shock because I wrote this book last year and it's only getting actual recognition this year! Its crazy, really, and I'm totally overwhelmed by the number of people who add this book their reading lists on a daily. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much! Ugh, I could hug the fluff out of all you guys!

I never thought I'd be writing an extra part, especially since the book has been over since a year ago. But reading through comments and seeing things that get me wide eyed, I just had to do this.

I'll love to address a few things:

1. Excuse my main character for being annoying (I've been seeing a lot of that), but I honestly feel like some of you don't really understand why she's that way. For a young girl who literally has nothing and a dad away while the mom battles cancer, she's more or less in a dark place. And its only a phase. We're young, we act irrationally, we  walk away from issues that upset us, we avoid people who make us uncomfortable, we say things we don't mean. But apparently, most of the book readers are perfect (wow). Oh please, we've been there.
It makes me upset when I see some comments and sometimes even while I'm forced to reply to them, I just don't. I believe everyone has their own opinion about things. Just don't be rude when expressing them.

2. I tried to make this book less cliché than other books, and that's why the idea of making her not easily forgiving came to me.  I've noticed that as a writer, you can never satisfy your readers. Some will love the book, and some won't, and that's okay. If I made Mackenzie forgive Tanner in an instant, I bet some of you would get mad about that. Take what happened with Edward for instance, I still had some of you complaining that she forgave him on time. Only a few, few people understand and it makes me so relieved when I see that not everyone's talking about how much they hate my character i.e, a character I created. The book was written a year ago and there's not much that could be done again.

— Speaking of trying to make the book not seem cliche, I remember when I started this book. Tanner's height was indefinite. He was a 6'3, but people complained, said that's too cliche. I reduced it to 6ft, still the same complaint, so I took it down to 5'9 and now people aren't impressed. I gotta ask. What do you guy want, then? I've always had a thing for listening to what people say about my book, but it's gotten to a point where I'm expected to do things a certain way that still won't please everyone. And that's a huge problem, so for that reason, I've taken that description of Tanner's height, out of the book. 

3. I know, Mrs.  Martinez is quite a nosy teacher. I know. That's what I wanted her character to be.

4. Some of you asking if I have any other works. Yeah!
There's Through The Dark (Mackenzie's sequel.)
And there's Renée's River coming soon this month!

Thank you once again. It means a lot that you would give my book a chance when there are many, many other books you could be reading. I'm so glad you're reading the book. I'm here if you want to talk. You can also follow me on my social media;
Twitter: lolalovessprite
Instagram: lolalovessprite .

Thank you❤