Chapter 56

What event have you enjoyed most in the book?
(Suggested by Titikshahp❤❤❤)

Read the AN please!

*

We pulled away, Tanner's hand still on the side of my face, both of us breathless as our eyes never left each other's.

"You amaze me," Tanner said, licking his lips​ as a smile played on them.

"Do I?" I tried to smirk but failed miserably as I turned a deep shade of red.

"I swear you do," he replied, chuckling as his hand left my face.

"So... uh, what did your first kiss feel like?" I was such an idiot and I had no idea why I asked that.

"My first kiss," he let out a breath, smiling a little like he was reminiscing about the day, "It felt really good."

"If you haven't been with​ any girl, then how did it happen?" I asked. I should shut up now.

"I don't even know," he hesitated a while before looking at me, "All I know happened was I just wanted to kiss her bad... and I did." He grinned and I couldn't explain the feeling of jealousy I felt inside.

What was wrong with me?

I cleared my throat and nodded, forcing a smile. I didn't want to know more about the kiss, so I decided to add a little humor, "Wow, she didn't slap you?"

It worked because he chuckled then said, "Nah, but I have a feeling if she was sober she'd have done it with all joy. She was drunk."

"Do you always kiss drunk girls?" I asked, an eyebrow raised, considering he'd kissed me when I was drunk.

He laughed and I stared at him, meant to be looking curious and confused​ but instead, I found myself adoring his perfect teeth and how he looked laughing with his eyes closed. I snapped out of my gaze when he opened them and his laughter reduced to a chuckle. "No," he finally answered.

"Well, how does that explain that you kissed me for the first time when I was drunk?"

He brought his eyes to mine. "Because you were my first kiss."

I looked up from the cookie pack of started opening it as my eyes widened, a bit confused as I whacked his arm, "I remember you saying I wasn't."

"Well, I lied," he said casually.

"Why'd you lie?"

"If I'd told you that was my first kiss, you probably would have laughed till you were sober."

I chuckled at the thought of laughing till I become sober, "Okay, just the thought of me doing that was funny, but truth is, I wouldn't have laughed."

"Really? Jesse laughed at me for a week straight."

I chuckled. It was only Jesse who would do that. "I promise I wouldn't have."

The thought and realisation that I was Tanner McCann's first kiss awakened the frogs in me. They jumped so high, I was scared I would jump with them, but I had to play it cool. And all of a sudden, I felt stupid for being jealous, but really, I couldn't be blamed. I looked at Tanner and his gaze was fixed on the basket on the mat, lost in thought. I felt like hugging him so bad, but I said instead, "A cookie for your thoughts."

His eyes pulled away from the basket and he looked at me, not saying anything. The only thing he did was put his arm around me, pulling​ me close to him. "You know I don't like cookies," he pulled my cheek.