1.19

Just as the mate bond promised, Cortez and Sophie were binded and being away from each other was becoming painful. As much as Sophie wanted to keep her mind off of Cortez and focus on her finals, she couldn't help entertaining the thought of him every time he appeared in her head.

One of the nights that Cortez and Sophie spoke, Cortez begged to see her over and over again. Sophie kept claiming that she needed to sleep, which was true, but she was scared to get a taste of him again. She was worried she would think about him all day if she saw him again for even a couple seconds.

Still, Cortez and Sophie ended up meeting at the edge of the woods in the middle of the night. Sophie used her new werewolf eyes to scan the woods in the darkness. When she spotted Cortez, he flashed a proud grin at her and opened his arms. Sophie shamelessly rushed through the woods and leaped into his arms.

Cortez kissed Sophie, smiling against her lips as she cupped his jaw in her hands. Kissing Cortez took a huge weight off of Sophie's shoulders. All her worries drifted away and suddenly she was drunk with bliss. If she knew he could cure her like this, she would've kissed him earlier. Although, kissing Cortez was incredibly addictive and Sophie could already tell she would be in for trouble.

It wasn't long before Sophie was pinned against a tree with Cortez's hands gripping her thighs. "We shouldn't be doing this." Cortez groaned as his lips found the base of Sophie's neck.

"But it feels so good." Sophie moaned.

"Fuck, Sophie.. Don't say that." Cortez pulled away from Sophie, removing one hand from her thigh to grip the tree behind her. He couldn't think straight.

Sophie ran her fingers through Cortez's hair as he tilted his head back. She admired his sharp jawline and couldn't help but bring him towards her again. She planted sweet kisses over his jaw, down his neck, and up again to capture his lips with hers. Cortez groaned, mentally cursing at himself for melting into Sophie like he did.

"You're making this so hard for me, Gorgeous." Cortez muttered with a restrained moan.

"You're hard?" Sophie smirked as her hand started down towards Cortez's crotch.

Cortez quickly caught her hands and trapped them against his chest. Sophie giggled as she felt Cortez's heart race against her hands. Cortez admired Sophie's goofy smirk as she stared at him. He was happy to see her smiling and giggling but at the same time, she was giggling about his arousal. Meanwhile, he was struggling to stay restrained and sane because of it.

"I've never seen you act so bold before." Cortez narrowed his eyes, carefully studying the way Sophie trapped her bottom lip between her teeth.

Sophie took that as a compliment and smiled. But it didn't take long before Sophie realized just how right he was. She had never been a very bold person. And before, when she snapped on Taylor and Cherry, that wasn't like her. She had never entertained her classmates bullying but she had somehow slipped up. Physical contact and affection wasn't something she was familiar with and suddenly it was all she wanted, and demanded.

Cortez could see the wheels turn in Sophie's head as her smiled slowly faded away. He waited patiently for her to think, curious as to where her thoughts had run off to.

"Are you turning me into the mate you want?" Sophie suddenly asked, her voice soft and low. There was a hint of hurt in her tone that caught Cortez off guard. "Is it the moon goddess? I wasn't good enough so she's changing me?"

"What? No. No! Of course, not, Sophie." Cortez whispered as he caressed Sophie's jaw. "Where did you come up with that?"

"I haven't been myself lately. Maybe that's a good thing.. Maybe I won't be so boring anymore." Sophie huffed a pitiful laugh as she dropped her head.